Disney Interactive Pure
Sweet and unadulterated.
- Simple controls, straightforward trick system, great presentation, absolute blast to play
- No split-screen multiplayer, overly difficult events in the second half of single player campaign
Served up neat, Pure is concentrate off-road fun packed with cool tricks and fast racing. A little simple syrup ensures the game accessible and easy to control, while fully customisable ATVs, lengthy career and a slew of online multiplayer modes keep things sweet.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Like cane sugar, Pure is sweet and unadulterated. This is among the finest off-road racers ever created, bringing together tight controls, challenging events, and slick visuals in one purified concoction. The lack of split-screen multiplayer leaves it slightly sticky, but its concentrated ATV racing is definitely superior to the saccharin style of other, less focused off-road experiences.
Pure strikes a rare perfect balance between simulation and arcade racing with straightforward physics and simple controls. Maintain high speeds and navigating turns requires working with basic physics, although you never feel as though you're struggling to stay in the game. Instead, the challenge comes in landing tricks to gain boost and rocket ahead of your opponents.
Tracks are generously peppered with jumps of all shapes and sizes, which prime you for pulling off all kinds of wild tricks. Of course, these feats are as artificial as a packet of Equal, but that doesn't stop them from being utterly sweet. As you take to the skies, you can execute tricks according to a tiered system. Starting off an event, you only have the ability to land basic tricks with the A button. Succeed in sticking enough of these rudimentary tricks and you move up to the B button and then Y.
Keep it Simple, Stupid
Filling up your trick gauge completely allows you to try a super-powered signature trick. Landing these over-the-top signature moves not only looks cool, but also serve to refill your trick gauge. This is important since it directly corresponds to boost, which is vital to speeding past competitors. Whether you're working your way through solo campaign or racing online, maximizing your boost via tricking is a must.
It's a simple, straightforward game: go fast and pull out your best tricks. Fortunately, there's depth to be had if you're eager to invest the effort. Winning events rewards you with various parts used in customizing or outright building an ATV. The number of parts is staggering ranging from handle grips to gears to tires. Nearly everything can be painted too, so you're able to craft personalised four-wheelers suited to your taste.
With all that Pure has to offer from its comprehensive garage to lengthy career, it still lacks a key feature. Split-screen multiplayer is absent, countered by full online support for up to 16 players. That omission, coupled with a few tough-as-nails races in the later stages of the campaign, provide the game's two sticking points. Anything sweet, however, ends up being somewhat sticky and that's a small price to pay for Pure's fantastic gameplay.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ Review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCyber Security Threat Management SpecialistOther
- FTNetwork Architect - up to $800 per dayOther
- FTField Services TechnicianACT
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystOther
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-GenesysNSW
- FTProject Manager/Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Test Analyst - SiebelACT
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTAPI Developer | Back EndOther
- FTBusiness System Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTAnalyst ProgrammerOther
- FTSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTTest ManagerACT
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTMultiple DevOps EngineersNSW
- FTDigital BAOther
- FTSQL DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP FI Functional SpecialistACT
- TPDigital Project Manager - SalesforceNSW
- FTGraduate Application Support OfficerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther