Digital Anarchy ToonIt Photo
Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn, comic style.
- Excellent cartoon- and graphic novel-style output; lots of flexibility to styles
- Slow; many redundant options
Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn style well, especially comic style techniques, although it is slow, with changes taking a few seconds to render. However, it runs as a Smart Filter and in every colour space Photoshop supports - even 32-bit.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
NOTE: Pricing for this product is in U.S. Currency
Like Akvis’ Sketch 8.5, Digital Anarchy’s ToonIt Photo replicates a hand-drawn style well that almost all plug-ins do very badly indeed. In ToonIt’s case, it’s comics — covering techniques from black-and-white outlined cartoons to full graphic novel-style art.
After applying the plug-in, you choose the type of shading and colour flattening you want to use in the Style Creator panel. There are 12 options here; the key ones are Flat Shaded or Flat Detailed. The others range from the mediocre, such as Crackle, to the pointless (Goth).
Each of the styles has a series of options for how it’s applied, with Flat Shaded offering Flatness, Simplicity and Strength to change how flat your colours are and how much detail from your original image is preserved.
To the left of the Style Creator is the Effects Palette, which gives six tabbed sets of controls: Blur/Color, Halftone, Stipple, Shadow, Outline, and Marker Outlines. The most useful controls here are the blurs, which work before the cartoon effect is applied for flatter tonal areas; the duotones for lighter flat areas that contrast with the black outlines; halftones for newspaper and Roy Lichtenstein-type effects; and a choice of comic and soft outlines.
In the top right corner is a list of presets in a cramped box that gives you an idea of ToonIt’s flexibility. The useful ones range from the old colour newsprint of ‘1940’s ad’, to the detailed graphic novel styles, to the unusual ‘MacPaint drawing’. There are some duds, including Frank Miller-style black-heavy attempts that never work.
ToonIt Photo is slow, with changes taking a few seconds to render. However, it runs as a Smart Filter and in every colour space Photoshop supports — even 32-bit.
Join the newsletter!
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Xbox One X
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSystems / Storage EngineerWA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- TPSenior Project Manager (Applications/Business)NSW
- TPIT OfficerVIC
- FTOnboarding Specialist / Service Design - ITIL | ServiceNowOther
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- CCProject Delivery Lead - Oracle Banking Platform - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTMachine Learning Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Network ArchitectOther
- CCAutomation Test ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior MySQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCAutomation Designer (Solutions Architect) - Robotics (RPA) - SydneyNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTDeveloper - TallymanOther
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther