3D Invigorator for Photoshop
3D Invigorator for Photoshop is a version of Zaxwerks’ 3D Invigorator line of plug-ins for After Effects
- Powerful 3D text and vector-extrusion tools that are easy for Photoshop users to learn, great-looking output.
- Crashes more than it should, no scroll-wheel support.
3D Invigorator really is a 3D tool for digital artists and illustrators who’ve never looked beyond Photoshop’s layers for compositing due to 3D’s complexity and painful initial curve, as it’s powerful and accessible and is capable of producing great results.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
There are many ways to add 3D elements to your digital artwork or illustrations, but none have been completely satisfying for the tasks that most artists want to do – create 3D text and relatively-simple models for compositing in Photoshop.
You can model and render in a full 3D suite, but this is too complex and time-consuming for most. You can create your elements in Illustrator and import them, but again this is fiddly. You can use Photoshop CS4’s own 3D tools, but these don’t have quick tools for turning text and vector shapes into 3D, which is known as extrusion. Finally there’s Xara3D, which many Windows-based illustrators use in lieu of anything better, despite low-quality rendering.
Now there is something much, much better. 3D Invigorator for Photoshop is a version of Zaxwerks’ 3D Invigorator line of plug-ins for After Effects, which is a mainstay tool for motion graphics artists creating animated news and sports graphics. 3D Invigorator for Photoshop enables you to quickly create a mix of 3D text and vector shapes, set-up lighting and apply materials to surfaces – and render with impressive results.
When you first launch 3D Invigorator for Photoshop, a small menu pops up offering you a choice of the plug-ins main three creative tools. You can create text, import an ai or eps vector file, or work with a 3D primitive (basic shapes including spheres, cubes and – of course, the never-used-but-always-included-in-3D-tools rubber ring that is the torus.
Text is created in a separate dialog with standard controls over font, size, spacing and kerning (and it’s proper kerning too, not just full-word tracking). Vector file import is finicky, and you’ll have to resave your files in Illustrator if they’re compressed. The primitive options are useful if you want to include basic shapes, but you can’t modify them beyond scaling. If you want full 3D modelling within Photoshop, look to Strata’s 3Din plug-in.
Once you’ve created your 3D objects, you can scale, rotate and position them in 3D space using a standard set of mouse-drive manipulation tools including tumble, roll, track and dolly, which will be familiar if you’ve used Phtoshop CS3 or CS4’s 3D tools. You can also give text and vector shapes extrusion and bevels to makes them look more solid and realistic.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Apple iPhone X
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
cloudandco Smart Cane
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Agile Business AnalystOther
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- FTService Desk Engineer/IT Help desk Support - Multiple positionsVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst x 2 (Digital Transformation)NSW
- TPPrincipal Project Manager|HRIS ProgramQLD
- FTBackend Java DevelopersNSW
- FTCustomer Service OperatorOther
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTField Technical SupportOther
- TPCommunication Advisor | ICT Project ImplementationQLD
- FTService Delivery ManagerOther
- FTService Desk/Technical Support - Windows OS & MS Office SuiteOther
- FTMid-Level Software EngineerOther
- FTSenior Development LeadOther
- TPSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCJava Developer - BrisbaneSA
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTJuniper EngineerOther
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTVBA DeveloperOther
- FTProgram LeadSA
- CCSEPM Security EngineerWA