DietPower is software that helps you balance your diet.
- Easy to use
- You still have to do the hard yards
DietPower is easy to use from the get-go, but you'll save time overall - and get more out of this deep program - if you avail yourself of the tutorials sprinkled throughout. Education and discipline are the keys to weight loss and good nutrition, and DietPower helps in both categories.
Price$ 29.99 (AUD)
Note: pricing for this product is in US$.
DietPower is software that helps you balance your diet by giving regular feedback on your dietary and exercise habits.
First, tell DietPower how much you want to weigh and when. Every time you record your weight, the program designs a calorie budget for you. Select from the 21,000+ foods in the database or add your own, and DietPower shows the effect of these foods on your weight goals and your balance of 33 nutrients.
The program also estimates calorie expenditures for over a thousand kinds of activity, from accordion playing to yoga teaching. (And if the counts here are accurate, it's much more slimming to attend a yoga class than it is to teach one.) If you stay within your calorie budget and faithfully record your meals and exercise, DietPower can help you to reach your desired weight on your target date.
Version 4.0 introduced Nutrition Quotient, which charts your consumption of various nutrients - fat, cholesterol, carbs, vitamins, and so forth - and tells you if your intake is ahead or behind. Since then, Smart Seconds has joined NQ as a way to improve your eating throughout the day.
If you've eaten anything today that fits in to the "some is good, more is better" profile for your goal, DietPower highlights it in bright green.
Less useful - but still beneficial - Helper Foods get a light green. Taken together, Smart Seconds and NQ give a good thumbnail of your day's successes and mistakes and lets you tip the balance in the right direction.
The fudge we ate today gets an NQ of -9; the skim milk gets a 17. No surprise that Smart Seconds tells me to drink more skim milk, and that another slice of wheat bread wouldn't hurt us.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTSenior Technical Project Manager - starting in 3-4 monthsACT
- FTProject CoordinatorOther
- FTCloud Architect / Senior Engineer - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTCustomer Success ManagerOther
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTSAP Functional Analyst- Time Management, VIM, BPC, HCM FioriOther
- FTSenior Checkpoint Security EngineerOther
- FT1st Level Technical SupportVIC
- CCScrum Master Lead - Online DigitalVIC
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTCommercial Contracts AnalystOther
- CCSAP Fiori + UI5 ArchitectVIC
- FTFrontend Developer - UX/UINSW
- CCSharePoint DevelooperVIC
- FTChange Manager OCMOther
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTLevel 2 - Service Desk AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (IAM & Cyber Security)Other
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- TPSenior Exchange ManagerACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCCoolGen DeveloperACT
- CCDigital DesignerNSW