Dell G2210 LCD widescreen monitor
The Dell G2210t 22-inch widescreen monitor is both affordable and green-minded.
- Offers great energy-conscious features
- Dull colours in some photos
The Dell G2210t 22-inch widescreen monitor is designed for the times offering an appealing price and lower energy consumption. It's an ideal choice for users seeking a solid display that can help curb overall costs.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Dell has tapped into the current focus on the economy and the environment by producing the G2210t LCD widescreen monitor, a $349 22-inch monitor designed for both the wallet- and green-conscious. Dell claims the display is manufactured using recycled materials, and that its cabling is free of PVC and other harmful chemicals.
But the G2210t LCD widescreen monitor doesn't stop there when it comes to green features: it offers several energy modes, accessed through the display's on-screen controls. You get three choices — standard, energy smart, and energy smart plus — from which to select the level of brightness and energy consumption you wish to work with. When it's switched on, a built-in ambient light sensor detects the level of brightness in the room and adjusts the screen accordingly. After dimming the lights in the room, we noticed that the sensor did adjust the screen accordingly. When we turned the lights back on, the screen scaled back its brightness.
In our image quality tests, which were conducted at the standard energy setting, the G2210 LCD widescreen monitor showed easy-to-read text and nice colour, though on some screens we saw some dullness in photos. The display adjusts vertically, but it does not pivot. The Dell G2210 includes VGA and DVI connectors, but omits HDMI and DisplayPort. The screen has no antireflective coating, so it is easy to view with ambient light sources and does not produce a glare.
Given its appealing price and its ability to lower energy consumption, the G2210 just might be the ideal choice for users seeking a solid display that can help curb overall costs.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- iPhone 8
- Canon 6D MK II: Full, in-depth review
- Panasonic’s EX600U UHD HDR TV + HTB688 soundbar:
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineering Design Acceptance LeadACT
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCLinux & Windows Systems Engineer - BrisbaneQLD
- FTTest Analyst / Engineer (Cloud / O365 migration)Other
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerOther
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTRecruitment Contract SpecialistNSW
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTBig Data EngineerVIC
- FTDeveloper- Xamarin, ASP.Net, Ajax, Java Script, MVC , AndroidOther
- CCTechnical Infrastructure Operations SMENSW
- FTSignalling EngineerOther
- CCChange Manager-Port MacquarieNSW
- CCCloud Application ArchitectNSW
- FTAccount Manager (Healthcare & Aged Care)Other
- CCProject SchedulerWA
- FTJunior .NET DeveloperOther
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Accounting / Financial DataOther