Dearear Buoyant in-ear wireless earphones review: futuristic design at a great price
- Gorgeous design
- Excellent sound quality
- Ease of use
- Not water-resistant (sweat resistant is not the same as being caught in the rain)
This is an inexpensive, functional but beautifully designed and engineered set of earphones.
Price$ 107.00 (AUD)
These noteworthy wireless earphones by Dearear combines a sleek simplicity of design with audio engineering that gives a huge nod to design thinking and will be appreciated for its namesake.
Designed in New Zealand, the Dearear range has been in development since 2012 and it bodes well to know that there are only three types of earphones available on the market. These guys don’t skimp on research and development. I like what the folks over there says on their website, “we are not trying to make headphones, we are trying to design fashion decors that plays quality music” and they have delivered just what they set out to achieve.
There has been a whole host of new wireless earphones that has launched into the market since the release of the iPhone 7 (sans headphone jack), but the assortment of Bluetooth earphones that are available have either opted for functionality over looks, or are pricey and over-designed.
The Dearear Buoyant in-ear wireless earphones are a class of their own. Observing the design, this one the Black/Gold combination looks handsome in a minimalistic way, (they also come in White/Rose Gold or Black/Black for those opting for a different colour tone). Once on, they sit exquisitely on your ear and you look like you’re on the set of Blade Runner 2049.
The connecting cable is also short enough for it to not be a hindrance, many of the other brands make too big a deal with the design of the band, which to me, remains the most unattractive part of a lot of wireless earphones. With the Buoyant, the cable is discreet enough for it to remain unnoticeable, but functional and the best part is that you hardly notice it’s there once you’ve put it on and this goes with the external looks as well as the experience for the wearer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBusiness Analyst - Change Management - Government backgroundOther
- FTInnovation Coach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer, Voice & DataOther
- FTDevOps Engineer/ LeadOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTC++ Developer - Financial Services - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior RF Engineer - OptimisationVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- TPScrum MasterNSW
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- FTNetwork Security EngineerOther
- FTSERVICE DESK - ENTRY LEVELSA
- CCJunior to mid-level - Business Analyst ? AgileVIC
- CCCloud Orchestration and Automation SpecialistNSW
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - Mobile AutomationOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - PEGAOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTField ConsultantOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - ContractOther
- CCAxway DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Analyst, Technical SupportNSW
- CCMobile Applications DeveloperQLD