Day Clipboard Utility
Day Clipboard Utility (free) is a nice little app that takes text or an image that you've copied to the clipboard and captures it into itself upon your request.
- Ideally Day it would work with any plain text in the clipboard
Quibbles aside, Day Clipboard Utility is worth a look. It's free, and it extends copy-paste and the clipboard in interesting and unobtrusive ways. Give it a try.
Day Clipboard Utility will then save said image or text file in its own folder. This whole process can be automated, or you can approve each piece of text or image as it comes in to the clipboard.
The developer says it works only with text and images copied with a Ctrl-C. This isn't entirely accurate: anything that hits the Clipboard that's a piece of text or an image will be routed through Day Clipboard Utility. Well, almost.
We tested the limits of Day Clipboard Utility by attempting to copy a file into the clipboard that wasn't an image or text file. Day Clipboard Utility correctly ignored it.
However, right clicking on a .TXT file in Windows Explorer and copying it did not add said file to Day Clipboard Utility. Only selecting text and copying it works for that purpose. This seems an unnecessary limitation; ideally Day Clipboard Utility would work with any plain text in the clipboard, regardless of where the user gets it from.
One other useful ability of Day Clipboard Utility is the ability to copy multiple lines of text and combine these into a single list, and then port that list into a text file. Day Clipboard Utility also includes a few mini-utilities, such as the ability to change a text file to all-caps or all-lowercase (although the Italian translation renders "lowercase" as "miniscule").
The Day Clipboard Utility interface could use a little work. All of the program's preferences are represented by radio boxes and dropdowns littered throughout the user interface itself. A better UI would remove most of these and place them in a preferences dropdown.
Join the newsletter!
Why virtualise your NAS environment?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Which 2018 Smart Speaker Should I Buy
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Support - Level 3ACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperACT
- FTInside Sales Representative - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Project Manager - OFM ImplementationOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect ? Azure Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- CCDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DeploymentsNSW
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware AdministratorOther
- CCIncident ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Supply ChainOther
- FTTechnical Lead | .Net | FintechOther
- FTHFC EngineerOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - Angular4/.NetNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperQLD
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTHR Payroll Officer - Government background onlyOther
- FTOracle Fusion Middleware System AdministratorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT
- FTEnd-to-End Recruiter - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTAndroid Developer - 6 Month ContractOther
- FTSolutions Architect - Business Process Solutions - MelbourneVIC