Day Clipboard Utility
Day Clipboard Utility (free) is a nice little app that takes text or an image that you've copied to the clipboard and captures it into itself upon your request.
- Ideally Day it would work with any plain text in the clipboard
Quibbles aside, Day Clipboard Utility is worth a look. It's free, and it extends copy-paste and the clipboard in interesting and unobtrusive ways. Give it a try.
Day Clipboard Utility will then save said image or text file in its own folder. This whole process can be automated, or you can approve each piece of text or image as it comes in to the clipboard.
The developer says it works only with text and images copied with a Ctrl-C. This isn't entirely accurate: anything that hits the Clipboard that's a piece of text or an image will be routed through Day Clipboard Utility. Well, almost.
We tested the limits of Day Clipboard Utility by attempting to copy a file into the clipboard that wasn't an image or text file. Day Clipboard Utility correctly ignored it.
However, right clicking on a .TXT file in Windows Explorer and copying it did not add said file to Day Clipboard Utility. Only selecting text and copying it works for that purpose. This seems an unnecessary limitation; ideally Day Clipboard Utility would work with any plain text in the clipboard, regardless of where the user gets it from.
One other useful ability of Day Clipboard Utility is the ability to copy multiple lines of text and combine these into a single list, and then port that list into a text file. Day Clipboard Utility also includes a few mini-utilities, such as the ability to change a text file to all-caps or all-lowercase (although the Italian translation renders "lowercase" as "miniscule").
The Day Clipboard Utility interface could use a little work. All of the program's preferences are represented by radio boxes and dropdowns littered throughout the user interface itself. A better UI would remove most of these and place them in a preferences dropdown.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Network ArchitectOther
- CCTechnical Field Engineer/SupportVIC
- FTSupport Analyst - Level 1-2Other
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- FTCyber Security Governance SpecialistOther
- FTApplication Support Engineer - Trading/FinanceOther
- FTData ScientistOther
- FTService Manager - Solution ArchitectOther
- TPAndroid Engineer - Contract (6 months)NSW
- FTProject Manager/- Accommodation / Facilities ManagerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTData Quality Assurance LeadOther
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- FTSolution Architect/Designer - Telecom IndustryOther
- FTData Architect / Business Intelligence ArchitectOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - ASP.NETVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperQLD
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital ProducerQLD
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java DeveloperQLD
- TPSolution Architect - Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- CCDynamics AX Functional Consultant ? Finance | Supply ChainQLD
- TPBusiness Consultant - Dynamics CRMWA
- FTLevel 2 Support Engineer | 12mth FTCOther
- PTAxway developersVIC