Day Clipboard Utility
Day Clipboard Utility (free) is a nice little app that takes text or an image that you've copied to the clipboard and captures it into itself upon your request.
- Ideally Day it would work with any plain text in the clipboard
Quibbles aside, Day Clipboard Utility is worth a look. It's free, and it extends copy-paste and the clipboard in interesting and unobtrusive ways. Give it a try.
Day Clipboard Utility will then save said image or text file in its own folder. This whole process can be automated, or you can approve each piece of text or image as it comes in to the clipboard.
The developer says it works only with text and images copied with a Ctrl-C. This isn't entirely accurate: anything that hits the Clipboard that's a piece of text or an image will be routed through Day Clipboard Utility. Well, almost.
We tested the limits of Day Clipboard Utility by attempting to copy a file into the clipboard that wasn't an image or text file. Day Clipboard Utility correctly ignored it.
However, right clicking on a .TXT file in Windows Explorer and copying it did not add said file to Day Clipboard Utility. Only selecting text and copying it works for that purpose. This seems an unnecessary limitation; ideally Day Clipboard Utility would work with any plain text in the clipboard, regardless of where the user gets it from.
One other useful ability of Day Clipboard Utility is the ability to copy multiple lines of text and combine these into a single list, and then port that list into a text file. Day Clipboard Utility also includes a few mini-utilities, such as the ability to change a text file to all-caps or all-lowercase (although the Italian translation renders "lowercase" as "miniscule").
The Day Clipboard Utility interface could use a little work. All of the program's preferences are represented by radio boxes and dropdowns littered throughout the user interface itself. A better UI would remove most of these and place them in a preferences dropdown.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperACT
- FTService desk supportACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- CC.Net DeveloperNSW
- TPIT Change Manager Windows UpgradeVIC
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Metering Systems / AMIOther
- CCUI DeveloperVIC
- FTApplication Migration EngineerOther
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- TPProject Manager - Data Feed ReplacementVIC
- CCWindows / Unix / Linux Systems Administration / Support SpecialistNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer - DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- FTETL DeveloperOther
- FTInfrastructure Business AnalystOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal DeveloperQLD
- FTMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSitecore DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther