Datacolor Spyder3Studio SR monitor calibrator
Even if you don't use SpyderCube RAW, the Spyder3Studio is great value for money
- Great calibration, affordable
- Printer calibration can be fiddly, more expensive than ColorMunki
The Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator is one of the best on the market, delivering precise calibration through simple to use software.
Price$ 495.00 (AUD)
Let’s not pretend that colour management is fascinating – still, it’s not as dull as having to repeatedly colour-correct your work trying to get your screen and printer to play nicely. The Spyder3 Studio SR opens up colour management to illustrators, photographers and designers with high-end colour needs but shoestring budgets.
It consists of three devices: Spyder3Elite, for monitors; Spyder3Print SR, for printers; and SpyderCube RAW, for cameras. They’re all housed in a heavy-duty metal case that protects the delicate parts when you store them. You’ll use the SpyderCube RAW every time you shoot. It’s a plastic cube with white, black and 18 per cent grey sides that you can photograph in the studio or on location alongside your project files to capture – then use this data to set the white, black and grey points in your software.
Even if you don’t use SpyderCube RAW, the Spyder3Studio is great value for money. The Spyder3Elite monitor calibrator is one of the best on the market, delivering precise calibration through simple to use software.
Unlike rival systems such as the X-rite’s ColorMunki Photo, the Spyder3Print SR is a separate device to the monitor calibrator. It uses a plastic strip holder, where you print out a sheet of coloured patches in strips, place it under the runner catch and manually swipe the Spyder3Print SR device along the runner to read the strips. Tugging the printed page under the runner isn’t as quick as using the ColorMunki, where you place it on your desk and swipe.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Xbox One X
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- AOC Unveils AG322QCX AGON Gaming Display Bolstered for Battle
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- FTSoftware Asset ManagerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Client TechnologiesOther
- FTServiceNow Solution SpecialistOther
- CCJava Developer - Government organisationVIC
- FTCustomer Service Consultant / Incident Management - TelcoOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - GISQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAgile CoachOther
- FTMid-Level Drupal Developer (Brisbane Location)Other
- FTScrum MasterOther
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- CCRPA DeveloperVIC
- FTMarketing and Advertising Project/Sales SupportOther
- FTCobol DeveloperOther
- CCMid-level SAP ArchitectQLD
- CCField Services EngineerQLD
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- TPSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTProject Manager - Develop Strategy. Need RISI card, Rail bckgrdOther
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTHadoop DevelopersOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC