A generic monitor not specifically designed for photography isn’t going to deliver the colour quality we seek. Processing images on the BenQ SW271 gives the user a stunningly vivid colour range.
D3 Publisher Bangai-O Spirits
Bangai-O Spirits provides a ton of bang for your buck
- Addictive gameplay, great retro feel, all the user created content is shareable
- Graphical slowdown, very uneven difficulty, too dependent on trial and error
This game is obviously aimed squarely at the hardcore DS gamer and while the intense action and high difficulty will probably turn off the casual crowd, it's a solid shooter for anyone who's looking for a challenge.
If your idea of a quality shooter includes unconventional gameplay, a ludicrous story and non-stop action then Bangai-O Spirits has your name written all over it.
A game based on a mech whose strength is derived from collecting deep-space fruit might sound ridiculous but Spirits packs a hell of a wallop with tons of 2-D carnage and million-missile battles that should please action fans. Too bad it suffers from a couple of major hiccups.
Like the old school Dreamcast title that preceded it, Bangai-O Spirits provides twitch action that can be at times intense and cerebral. But if you're expecting a run of the mill "shoot-and-avoid" gameplay experience, go look elsewhere: Spirits is an intensely challenging title that is certainly not for the casual gamer. Most levels require a lot of trial and error and you will watch your little mech explode a lot. Yet, if you have the patience for it, Spirits can be a very rewarding action experience.
The game offers an impressive list of features including 160-plus levels, ten combinable weapons, customizable maps and replays. It also has some entertaining multiplayer options as well.
However, Spirits does have a few imperfections that keep it from getting a glowing recommendation. The action can get so furious sometimes that it literally drags the DS down to a crawl. Also, the difficulty seems completely random; after 15 minutes of humiliating losses on one level you might select the next one only to beat it in 30 seconds on the first try. And don't even bother trying to decipher the story because it's just plain silly. However, Bangai-O Spirits has a lot going for it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- 2 Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- 3 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 4 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 5 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- The Away Team to get Lost Exodus update on October 22nd
- The full schedule for PAX Australia 2018 is now live
- Microsoft teams up with Razer to bring mouse & keyboard gaming and RGB lighting to Xbox One
- Razer launches Broadcaster headset
- MasterCard signs with League of Legends as first global partner
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Panasonic FZ1000U OLED TV: Full, in-depth, review
- Oppo Find X: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies