D3 Publisher Bangai-O Spirits
Bangai-O Spirits provides a ton of bang for your buck
- Addictive gameplay, great retro feel, all the user created content is shareable
- Graphical slowdown, very uneven difficulty, too dependent on trial and error
This game is obviously aimed squarely at the hardcore DS gamer and while the intense action and high difficulty will probably turn off the casual crowd, it's a solid shooter for anyone who's looking for a challenge.
If your idea of a quality shooter includes unconventional gameplay, a ludicrous story and non-stop action then Bangai-O Spirits has your name written all over it.
A game based on a mech whose strength is derived from collecting deep-space fruit might sound ridiculous but Spirits packs a hell of a wallop with tons of 2-D carnage and million-missile battles that should please action fans. Too bad it suffers from a couple of major hiccups.
Like the old school Dreamcast title that preceded it, Bangai-O Spirits provides twitch action that can be at times intense and cerebral. But if you're expecting a run of the mill "shoot-and-avoid" gameplay experience, go look elsewhere: Spirits is an intensely challenging title that is certainly not for the casual gamer. Most levels require a lot of trial and error and you will watch your little mech explode a lot. Yet, if you have the patience for it, Spirits can be a very rewarding action experience.
The game offers an impressive list of features including 160-plus levels, ten combinable weapons, customizable maps and replays. It also has some entertaining multiplayer options as well.
However, Spirits does have a few imperfections that keep it from getting a glowing recommendation. The action can get so furious sometimes that it literally drags the DS down to a crawl. Also, the difficulty seems completely random; after 15 minutes of humiliating losses on one level you might select the next one only to beat it in 30 seconds on the first try. And don't even bother trying to decipher the story because it's just plain silly. However, Bangai-O Spirits has a lot going for it.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Acer attempts to woo Australian gamers with reveal of its new Predator range
- Nintendo Switch software update: What does 4.0.0 feature and how to install it?
- Robot House announce vacuum-bot adventure game ahead of PAX Australia
- Wargaming launches ANZ servers for World of Tanks
- VR fairytale game Luna due for Oct 17 release
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CC.net DeveloperNSW
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTClass Super - Application Support Analyst - SMSF solutionsOther
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMid - Level SAP Test AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- CCBusiness Analyst - Technical backgroundVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPSupport Java RoleNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerOther
- FTSoftware DeveloperOther
- CCC++ Developer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistNSW
- TPDigital StategistACT
- FTSenior Data Centre OperatorOther
- CCCisco ACI Senior Network Engineer, Technical Consultant Or Network ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCIntel IT ArchitectNSW
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD