Cygnett GrooveTime II iPod dock
The Cygnett GrooveTime II is an iPod dock and alarm clock with an FM tuner and good sound quality.
- Looks good, small, relatively good sound quality
- Remote control lacks full iPod menu functionality, remote control buttons often unresponsive
The Cygnett GrooveTime II iPod dock and alarm clock looks good and sounds great, especially when it's relatively small price and size are considered. Its only let-downs are the remote control's lack of full iPod menu functionality and its unresponsive buttons.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
The Cygnett GrooveTime II iPod dock and alarm clock is small and cute, but it also produces a surprising amount of good quality sound. Although it is compatible with a wide variety of Apple iPods and with the iPhone, has an auxiliary connection and can receive FM signals, it doesn't offer complete iPod menu control.
The Cygnett GrooveTime II is a petite white block with an iPod connector on top, 2W speakers on the left and right side, a clock on the front and a power connection at the back next to the AUX port. The digital display can be dimmed so it's not distracting at night.
When setting the time on the clock, it's best to use the buttons on the Cygnett GrooveTime II iPod dock itself. The remote control's keys are often unresponsive (you also can't scroll through numbers by holding down a button). It also can't control iPod menu functions like changing the album or artist, restricting users to skipping tracks and play/pausing.
Once you've set the Cygnett GrooveTime II iPod dock up, you're able to enjoy its surprisingly good audio quality.
We found that the mid-range notes from instruments like the piano came out smoothly, but the speakers often struggled to hit high treble notes without suffering from distortion. This was particularly apparent in electronic tracks like "Ice Cream" by the New Young Pony Club. Low notes sound good given the speakers' size, but it doesn't match the performance of the similarly priced Amethyst iPig iPod Buddy. The Cygnett GrooveTime II also has a bass booster that lets you pick the level of bass being played, but turning this up reduces frequency distinction.
The Cygnett GrooveTime II iPod dock also works as an FM radio, and the auto tuner can assign presets to the stations it picks up. Although there are no individually numbered preset buttons, hitting the skip track buttons will shift between various stations. We found that the antenna was able to pick up FM signals quite well, but the external antenna detracts from the overall look.
The Cygnett GrooveTime II iPod dock is compatible with the Apple iPhone 3G, the Apple iPhone, the iPod touch (second generation), the Apple iPod nano (fourth generation), the Apple iPod touch, the Apple iPod classic, the Apple iPod nano (third generation), the Apple iPod (updated fifth generation), the Apple iPod nano (second generation) and any other iPod with a standard dock connector.
If you're after an iPod dock with a small form factor and big sound, the Cygnett GrooveTime II iPod dock provides plenty of features in a cute package. Just make sure you're happy with the limited menu control.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- FTFull Stack Developer - NodeJSQLD
- CCFront-end DeveloperNSW
- FTSAP IS-U and SAP EWM - Greenfield implementationVIC
- FTSolution Architect - DigitalVIC
- TPService Now Developer/AdministratorQLD
- FTSAP HR & Workforce AnalystOther
- CCDigital Designer & DeveloperNSW
- CCActive Directory SpecialistNSW
- FTConsulting Java DeveloperQLD
- TPOffice 365 Technical LeadQLD
- FTOBIEE DeveloperACT
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCChange and Communication SpecialistWA
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- CCTechnical Business Intelligence AnalystNSW
- FTL2 Security Network EngineerNSW
- FTPeoplesoft HCM Application DeveloperACT
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSoftware Engineer (C ++, Java)Other
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- CCJunior Project AnalystVIC
- FTJunior-Mid Level Technical Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSenior Developer - Data Feeds: C# .Net Developer | FinTechOther
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC