"I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it."
- Slim, stylish design, comfortable to wear for long periods, work with iPhone
- Poor bass response, harsh frequencies
The GrooveStyle aren't the best sounding headphones by a long shot, but their stylish design means they are a slight upgrade on many of the standard ear buds packaged with portable music players.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
Cygnett's latest in-ear headphones, the GrooveStyle, definitely live up to the second part of their name. Unfortunately, the "groove" is let down by a lack of adequate bass response.
Despite claiming to have "precise bass response", we found the bass quite poor. Even with the equaliser settings on our music player switched to bass boost, the GrooveStyle struggled to produce adequate levels of bass. Subtle frequencies were largely inaudible.
In other areas, the GrooveStyle produces bright mid-range and high-range frequencies. These also lacked detail and aren't well controlled, which gives them somewhat of a tinny sound. In addition, we found high-range frequencies quite harsh.
Despite these sound quality issues, the GrooveStyle is still a slight upgrade to most ear buds that come pre-packaged with digital music players and mobile phones, particularly the stock iPod and iPhone ear buds. We managed to test the GrooveStyle with the iPhone despite the recessed headphone jack; Cygnett has designed this model to fit perfectly. Audiophiles and those who are highly concerned with sound quality need not apply, but for those after a relatively inexpensive set of headphones to replace their stock ones, the GrooveStyle may fit the bill.
One aspect that Cygnett has managed to get almost spot-on is the design. The GrooveStyle features a rotatable clip that hooks over each ear and we found these quite comfortable to wear for long listening periods. The rotatable hook means the headphones should fit most ears quite comfortably. The black ear buds and chrome and silver metal clips look quite attractive, so there is definitely some style about these headphones. Their lightweight frame and slim design also makes them ideal to carry around when travelling.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Plantronics Announce Backbeat Go 600 Wireless Headphones
- HyperX target console-crowd with Cloud Stinger Core headset
- Computex 2018: ROG cover all the bases with new Delta gaming headset
- Apple launched new Beats collection to celebrate 10 year anniversary
- Sony confirm Xperia Ear Duo for Australian market
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies