- Slim, stylish design, comfortable to wear for long periods, work with iPhone
- Poor bass response, harsh frequencies
The GrooveStyle aren't the best sounding headphones by a long shot, but their stylish design means they are a slight upgrade on many of the standard ear buds packaged with portable music players.
Price$ 59.95 (AUD)
Cygnett's latest in-ear headphones, the GrooveStyle, definitely live up to the second part of their name. Unfortunately, the "groove" is let down by a lack of adequate bass response.
Despite claiming to have "precise bass response", we found the bass quite poor. Even with the equaliser settings on our music player switched to bass boost, the GrooveStyle struggled to produce adequate levels of bass. Subtle frequencies were largely inaudible.
In other areas, the GrooveStyle produces bright mid-range and high-range frequencies. These also lacked detail and aren't well controlled, which gives them somewhat of a tinny sound. In addition, we found high-range frequencies quite harsh.
Despite these sound quality issues, the GrooveStyle is still a slight upgrade to most ear buds that come pre-packaged with digital music players and mobile phones, particularly the stock iPod and iPhone ear buds. We managed to test the GrooveStyle with the iPhone despite the recessed headphone jack; Cygnett has designed this model to fit perfectly. Audiophiles and those who are highly concerned with sound quality need not apply, but for those after a relatively inexpensive set of headphones to replace their stock ones, the GrooveStyle may fit the bill.
One aspect that Cygnett has managed to get almost spot-on is the design. The GrooveStyle features a rotatable clip that hooks over each ear and we found these quite comfortable to wear for long listening periods. The rotatable hook means the headphones should fit most ears quite comfortably. The black ear buds and chrome and silver metal clips look quite attractive, so there is definitely some style about these headphones. Their lightweight frame and slim design also makes them ideal to carry around when travelling.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
- Jabra Evolve 75e brings earbud design, Active NC and ‘busylight’ to the workplace
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior UX Service DesignerACT
- FTIntegration Developer (WebSphere)Other
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems Engineer/Veeam SpecialistOther
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- TPIT Project Manager - Large Complex CRM ImplementationNSW
- FTOracle DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Software DeveloperSA
- FTCommunications Specialist- Change / MarketingOther
- FTProgram Manager - Agile / DigitalOther
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTProject CoordinatorACT
- CCHelpdesk AnalsytNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorACT
- TPSoftware Implementation Project Manager.NSW
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- CCSolutions ArchitectVIC
- FTTest AnalystOther
- FTService Desk Technical LeadNSW