- Powerful bass, lightweight and stylish design, comfortable during long listening sessions
- Muddy mid-range, overwhelming bass at times, lack of crispness
Audiophiles won't be impressed, but if you're after a solid upgrade to your regular iPod headphones, then the GrooveAtomic is an ideal, low-cost choice.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
Claiming to "bring energy and power to every track on your playlist", Cygnett's GrooveAtomic ear buds are a compact, stylish and lightweight set of headphones. Although they provide powerful and deep bass, this comes at the cost of clarity and crispness.
Cygnett claims the GrooveAtomic features "powerful bass" and we are inclined to agree. Even without any equaliser settings, bass was loud, forceful and punchy. Although this may appeal to those who like their music bass-heavy, the rest of you will be left with a pair of headphones that struggles in most other areas. In particular, the mid-range is quite muddy, especially if the track happens to be bass heavy. We also found that the general tones produced aren't as crisp or clear as we would have hoped.
That being said, if you are after an improvement on sound quality of stock headphones, then the GrooveAtomic is a decent option. At such a low price, it is a solid choice if you are after a slight upgrade in sound quality to your pre-packaged headphones, such as the ones Apple includes with iPods and iPhones. Conveniently, the GrooveAtomic has been designed so it fits the recessed headphone jack of the iPhone.
The design is quite appealing — in addition to being compact and lightweight, the ear buds are well designed and comfortable to wear for long periods of listening. Cygnett includes two different sized ear buds in the sales package, so there should be one to suit most ears.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Jaybird go true wireless with new RUN earbuds
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
- Jabra upgrade their Elite Sport wireless earbuds
- Everything Samsung Just Announced At IFA 2017
- Apple's AirPods could deliver audio with multiple wireless protocols
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTLead UX Designer (Fintech)NSW
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- FTJunior / Mid Level .Net DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - 3 Days/WeekOther
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorSA
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst (Large System Transformation Project)Other
- CCSalesforce Technical ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork Design EngineerOther
- FTIT Service Delivery ManagerOther
- CCSupport Engineer - Linux, AIX & SolarisNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCDesktop Support Analyst / EngineerNSW
- FTTest Data Management ConsultantVIC
- FTDigital Business AnalystACT
- CCOracle Identity & Access Management AdministratorNSW
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Change AnalystOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst-Data GovernanceOther
- FTDevelopers (VB.Net/C#.Net)SA
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT