Brought to you by Norton Symantec
- Powerful bass, lightweight and stylish design, comfortable during long listening sessions
- Muddy mid-range, overwhelming bass at times, lack of crispness
Audiophiles won't be impressed, but if you're after a solid upgrade to your regular iPod headphones, then the GrooveAtomic is an ideal, low-cost choice.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
Claiming to "bring energy and power to every track on your playlist", Cygnett's GrooveAtomic ear buds are a compact, stylish and lightweight set of headphones. Although they provide powerful and deep bass, this comes at the cost of clarity and crispness.
Cygnett claims the GrooveAtomic features "powerful bass" and we are inclined to agree. Even without any equaliser settings, bass was loud, forceful and punchy. Although this may appeal to those who like their music bass-heavy, the rest of you will be left with a pair of headphones that struggles in most other areas. In particular, the mid-range is quite muddy, especially if the track happens to be bass heavy. We also found that the general tones produced aren't as crisp or clear as we would have hoped.
That being said, if you are after an improvement on sound quality of stock headphones, then the GrooveAtomic is a decent option. At such a low price, it is a solid choice if you are after a slight upgrade in sound quality to your pre-packaged headphones, such as the ones Apple includes with iPods and iPhones. Conveniently, the GrooveAtomic has been designed so it fits the recessed headphone jack of the iPhone.
The design is quite appealing — in addition to being compact and lightweight, the ear buds are well designed and comfortable to wear for long periods of listening. Cygnett includes two different sized ear buds in the sales package, so there should be one to suit most ears.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Jaybird celebrate Earth Day with special edition Jaybird RUN earbuds
- Jabra launches engage Business headset range
- Google finally bring the Pixel Buds to Australia
- Bose announce local availability and pricing for SoundSport Free true wireless earbuds
- Jabra confirm ANZ pricing and availability for Evolve 75e headphones
PCW Evaluation Team
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
- Netgear Arlo Go review: An expensive but comprehensive home security solution
- ASUS ROG Zephyrus M review: Leaner and meaner
- Frostpunk review: A richly conceived and vividly realised city sim
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTData Migration DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagersACT
- FTSenior UX Digital Developer, Digital Design DevelopmentOther
- TPMessaging EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Transition Project ManagerOther
- FTOracle SOA DeveloperOther
- FTUnified Endpoint Management Systems AnalystOther
- FTDesktop Support AnalystOther
- TPBusiness and Data AnalystQLD
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- CCInfrastructure System SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Cost ModellerOther
- CCConnections Manager - Australian TelcoVIC
- FTData Insights Consultant - CBD work locationOther
- FTLead Agile BAOther
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- CCTRIM - System Administrator - BrisbaneNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- TPSenior Technical Business AnalystQLD
- TPIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSupport OfficerQLD
- TPPMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior API/Integration DeveloperOther