Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.0 Deluxe
- Playback quality, Network features, Audio, Connectivity options
- Expensive, Lacking in some detail
Undoubtedly reserved for more serious users, PowerDVD does provide some excellent features.
Price$ 99.74 (AUD)
That we're now into the seventh incarnation of CyberLink's popular PowerDVD program is proof that not all software DVD players are created equal. But why would you want to spend money upgrading to PowerDVD 7.0 when most PCs already come with software that's perfectly well suited to the task of playing movies?
Well, new network features make it easy to take a movie stored on one computer and watch it on another, while the front end is more versatile than ever before. You can save space by switching into the Control Wheel mode. This is an effective and discreet method of watching a movie, and it conserves battery power on laptops.
The Read-It-Clearly feature ensures that subtitles on widescreen films are superimposed over the black spaces at the top and bottom, rather than obscuring the video itself, and you can have two subtitle languages on screen at the same time. Pano Vision can convert widescreen video to full-screen 4:3 and vice versa. It does this job well - these types of technology tend to make the final picture look distorted.
The quality of playback in PowerDVD 7.0 is extremely good. You can switch on such features as Clev-2, CyberLink's Eagle Vision 2 technology, which brightens up the picture and makes the colours look more natural. We found this weakened the focus and cut out some detail, but if you need to highlight a particular sequence, it works well. The audio features are impressive, allowing you to improve volume by altering the dynamic range.
The casual movie watcher is unlikely to feel like splashing out on PowerDVD 7.0. Serious users, however, will be more than satisfied by the connectivity options, improved interface, huge amount of audio and video support and strong features.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk Technical LeadOther
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- CCSystems Engineers / Infrastructure EngineersNSW
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther
- FTCloud Infrastructure Architect - Townsville Location - PermQLD
- FTProject Manager - Software Development ProjectsOther
- FTData Analyst/Business Analyst/Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectOther
- CCTraining and Support LeadVIC
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- CCData Analysts x3ACT
- CCBusiness/System Analyst- (Human Capital Management (HCM) )NSW
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther
- FTSr Integration Architect - next year startACT
- FTNetwork Design SpecialistOther
- FTSenior Network ConsultantOther
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperOther
- FTSCCM Systems AdministratorOther
- FTOracle Developer / EngineerACT
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC