Cyberlink PowerDirector 7
With version seven of Cyberlink PowerDirector video editing and conversion software, things just get better and better
- Easy to use, fast
- "Splits" edit method might take a little time to adjust to
There are a number of nice video editors on the market, but few if any surpass Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 on any level. It's an especially good bargain as part of the DVD Suite.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Interfaces don't much get better looking than Cyberlink PowerDirector 7, nor do they get easier to use.
Although arranged into the standard media, preview, and timeline three-pane window, Cyberlink PowerDirector 7's icons are easier than most to understand.
Editing in Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 is done by splits rather than setting start and end points — a method which grows on you after a few uses — and you can import virtually any kind of media.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 walks you through most operations, it's fast and we've yet to view a transcoding that wasn't up to snuff. It also imports any video supported by a DirectShow codec though it only outputs using its own codecs (and FX), including MPEG-2 for DVDs, MP4 for iPods and the like, as well as older AVI and MPEG-1.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 comes in three basic flavours: the HE version packaged with the DVD Suite, which offers Blu-ray support; the Ultra version, which offers Blu-ray support, more video tracks, and more templates; and the Deluxe version, which forgoes support for AVCHD MP4 and Blu-ray. The trial demo version of Deluxe works for 30 days and limits iPod format encodings to a total of 50.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSQL Systems DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FT.NET Full Stack DeveloperOther
- FTChange Manager (Organisational)Other
- FTSOE Systems EngineerOther
- FTSoftware Developer - Banking SolutionsOther
- FTETL DeveloperACT
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTCustomer Marketing ExecutiveOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Application Lifecycle Management (Logistics)Other
- FTCoordinator X2 - Construction, Transport, RailOther
- FTTechnical Specialist - IP Networks / TelcoOther
- CCLead Pega Systems ArchitectACT
- FTNetwork and Systems EngineerWA
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- TPSSIS DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desktop TechnicianOther
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCBlue Prism DevelopersVIC
- FTLead Strategy Manager - ConsultancyOther
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW