Cyberlink PowerDirector 7
With version seven of Cyberlink PowerDirector video editing and conversion software, things just get better and better
- Easy to use, fast
- "Splits" edit method might take a little time to adjust to
There are a number of nice video editors on the market, but few if any surpass Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 on any level. It's an especially good bargain as part of the DVD Suite.
Price$ 99.95 (AUD)
Interfaces don't much get better looking than Cyberlink PowerDirector 7, nor do they get easier to use.
Although arranged into the standard media, preview, and timeline three-pane window, Cyberlink PowerDirector 7's icons are easier than most to understand.
Editing in Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 is done by splits rather than setting start and end points — a method which grows on you after a few uses — and you can import virtually any kind of media.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 walks you through most operations, it's fast and we've yet to view a transcoding that wasn't up to snuff. It also imports any video supported by a DirectShow codec though it only outputs using its own codecs (and FX), including MPEG-2 for DVDs, MP4 for iPods and the like, as well as older AVI and MPEG-1.
Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 comes in three basic flavours: the HE version packaged with the DVD Suite, which offers Blu-ray support; the Ultra version, which offers Blu-ray support, more video tracks, and more templates; and the Deluxe version, which forgoes support for AVCHD MP4 and Blu-ray. The trial demo version of Deluxe works for 30 days and limits iPod format encodings to a total of 50.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPProject Manager - ICT Infrastructure - SecurityQLD
- FTSenior BA ( Squad BA)Other
- FTSAP Ariba Project ManagerOther
- TPLevel 1 HelpdeskQLD
- FTApplication Support Analyst - SydneyOther
- FTAD LeadOther
- FTService Asset & Configuration ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Cost ModellerOther
- TPSenior Project Manager | Process & SystemsQLD
- FTSQL Infrastructure Engineer / DBAOther
- FTSenior Cisco Unified Communication Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst (Junior - Mid Level)NSW
- CCUnix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCTelco Network EngineerVIC
- FTUX & Research SpecialistOther
- TPInstructional DesignerVIC
- FTProject Manager - DatawarehouseACT
- FTAWS AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior iOS Software EngineerOther
- CCFull Stack Web DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- TPSnr SQL DBAQLD
- FTLead/Senior DevOps EngineerOther