Creative Labs Zen Nano Plus
- Voice and FM radio recording, small and lightweight, easily operated
- Limited storage space, small screen
The player's small size and range of features make it ideal for an active lifestyle but restrict its functionality. Buy this product for its convenient and adaptive design, not for its storage space.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
Creative's matchbox-size Zen Nano Plus is in direct competition with Apple's iPod Shuffle. If you can look beyond the iPod's fashion appeal, the Zen Nano Plus is much more versatile. Creative has crammed as many features as it can into a device about the size of a pack of gum, including FM radio tuning, customisable equalisation and voice recording.
The tiny LCD screen is cluttered and difficult to read at times, and scrolling through a dozen menu icons can be irritating on the tiny screen. The navigation controls are difficult to use at first, but once mastered, they offer incredibly easy, intuitive control of the device, even to the point that the screen is barely needed. Creative's use of a depressible dial to provide menu navigation, radio tuning and skip/fastforward makes operating the Zen Nano Plus instinctive. Transferring music to the Zen Nano Plus from a PC is equally easy, with a simple drag and drop interface to move songs or other files to the player's flash memory.
While the Zen Nano Plus can record voice at the touch of a button, the recordings are of low quality, and the inbuilt microphone has incredibly poor range. The FM radio recording feature is perfectly adequate for capturing radio broadcasts.
The Zen Nano Plus has reasonable sound quality. The custom equalisation is much more useful than the four presets, which have a tendency to make the music sound a lot less clear. The stereo earphones that come with the device are quite basic.
As with many of Creative's range of MP3 players, one of the largest let-downs with the Zen Nano Plus is the lack of supplied rechargeable batteries. On the plus side, a single AAA alkaline battery gives a respectable 15 hours of play.
The Zen Nano Plus is available with 512MB or 1GB of storage. While the Nano may be slightly more expensive than the competition, it makes up for it by delivering a stack of easy-to-use features and control options.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPSenior Test Analyst - GIS DrupalNSW
- FTSAP Payroll SpecialistOther
- CCProject AnalystNSW
- CCSupply Master Data Analyst - Procurement & Supply Chain - TelcoVIC
- FTCustomer & Sales Support Associate - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Consultant - .NET DeveloperQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- CC.net developerNSW
- FTSalesforce Platform LeadOther
- FTInformation Security ManagerVIC
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX ? Technical ArchitectQLD
- TPAutomation EngineerQLD
- FTFrontEnd Angular DeveloperOther
- FTSystems Support ManagerNSW
- CCICT Project Manager - Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- TPSecurity AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst - L1Other
- TPEL1 Business AnalystACT
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA