Creative Labs Zen Micro
- Neat design, simple to operate
- Battery drains quickly
The Creative's extra capacity, great styling and price tag make it an attractive option.
Price$ 285.00 (AUD)
Previous Zen digital audio players from Creative have proved it isn't afraid to take on Apple at its own game. Now, with the Creative Zen Micro, it's going head-to-head with the iPod mini and iPod nano.
In terms of the design, Creative has certainly got it right: the Zen Micro's smooth lines and curves, neat touchpad and attractive blue backlit LED screen, buttons and edges put it on a par with its rival. Available in ten different colours--twice as many as the iPod mini--it also betters Apple's mini for storage capacity (up to 6GB, compared to the iPod mini's 4GB). The Zen Micro also includes a built-in FM radio and in-the-box extras like titanium earbuds with wired remote control, plus a cradle with belt clip and stand.
The Zen Micro is an excellent audio player. It's very simple to operate, with a vertical scrolling touchpad that has adjustable sensitivity levels. It's a bit like using a scroll wheel mouse. And the context menu button works in a similar way to a right-button mouse-click in Windows. Press it at any time for a dedicated menu, customised with options that apply directly to whichever function you're currently using. It's a neat touch that saves a lot of to-ing and fro-ing through menus.
The claimed battery life is 12 hours, but we found it drained far quicker, even when it had been left to recharge overnight. Batteries are interchangeable, though, so you can simply slip in a new cell when the current one runs out of juice. And music isn't the Zen Micro's only talent. If you want to use the device as a removable disk drive, you can allot up to 2GB of the available space to storing data files.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCiMIS AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Security ConsultantOther
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Marketing AnalystNSW
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- CCSoftware EngineerNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTPhone System TechnicianQLD
- CCSupport Specialist MQ and ESB AdministrationNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerOther
- CCSalesforce ArchitectVIC
- FTProject Coordiantor - Warehouse and Supply Chain ManagementOther
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- FTBusiness Project Manager - Retail Store ChainOther
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorVIC
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- TPStrategic Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTLead Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Server EngineerOther
- FTGraduate Developer - C#.Net | SQL | Web ServicesQLD
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Java DeveloperOther