Creative Labs TravelSound PoPz
- Compact design, reasonable sound quality
- Not loud enough
The Creative Labs TravelSound PoPz is inexpensive and has reasonable sound quality but it's hampered by a low volume output.
Price$ 29.95 (AUD)
The Creative Labs TravelSound PoPz is a funky portable speaker system designed to accompany your music player while not taking up much space.
Inconspicuous and compact, the PoPz look mores like a small pouch than a speaker system. When opened, the interior is dominated by two white stereo speakers and a single 3.5mm stereo jack.
We tested the speakers with a wide range of music and found the sound quality to be good, but not excellent. Bass was lacking and there was some muting in the high treble registers. Mid-tones were quite good, but there was a little lack of definition there too.
Considering the price and size of these speakers, these results were expected. As far as audio quality goes, the TravelSound PoPz is on par with the majority of portable speaker systems that we have reviewed. We did find its maximum volume output to be weak.
The Creative PoPz is a passive speaker system and as such doesn't require batteries to run. While not having to continually replace batteries may be a good thing, the trade-off is that the speakers can't amplify the audio signal they are receiving. At the maximum volume level on our MP3 player, a conversation between a small group of people easily drowned out the speakers. Trying to use these speakers outdoors, in areas with even moderate ambient noise, would be fruitless.
There isn't much else that can be said about the PoPz. While it's an inexpensive speaker system and produces reasonable sound quality, the low volume output limits its usefulness.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTNetwork PlannerOther
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- TPProject Manager - Records ManagementVIC
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- FTPHP Team LeadNSW
- CCSystem Analyst - AxwayACT
- FTSenior Security ConsultantOther
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCWeb Applications Project ManagerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Specialist - Pharmaceutical IndustryVIC
- CCNetwork ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW
- FTChange ManagerSA
- FTSecurity Solution ArchitectOther
- FTDesktop / SCCM EngineerOther
- FTSenior Functional AnalystOther
- FTSenior NodeJS DeveloperQLD
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- FTOperations Process Improvement ManagerOther
- CC.net developerNSW
- CCSAP EAM Functional AnalystQLD
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other