Creative Labs Muvo V200
- Voice/FM radio recorder, easy to use, full range of play options
- Radio autoscan unreliable
The MuVo V200 is a small, lightweight MP3 player that offers a much more controllable alternative to the shuffle. It doesn't come with a lot of support, but it's easy to use.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Creative's latest update to its MuVo range of players should provide a fitting riposte to the fuss Apple has made about its iPod Shuffle. Like the Shuffle, the MuVo V200 is light, white and perfectly formed, but there's a little bit more to it than that.
For one thing, Creative has held on to the display--a small but important design detail that gives users access to the MuVo's various facilities. These include a variety of play settings--a clear advantage to anyone who wants to choose what they listen to rather than leave themselves at the mercy of their entire music collection, as is the case with the iPod Shuffle.
The V200 also uses standard AAA batteries, so finding a replacement anywhere in the world shouldn't prove a problem. The downside is that the batteries must be constantly replaced.
It's worth noting that Creative's software doesn't seem to allow you to import playlists to the MuVo--dragging and dropping files in Windows Explorer is the only way to move music across.
Although Creative internationally sells a range of sizes and prices, from 128MB to 1GB, only the 128MB model was available in Australia at the time of writing. There's about four hours' worth of music storage for each 128MB, and value for money increases with the capacity.
The V200 includes a voice recorder and FM radio--both natural additions for an ultra-portable audio device. We found the radio's autoscan function a bit hit-and-miss, though--on successive scans it found 10, 11 then 24 stations, and Radio 4 only turned up in the last attempt. It is easier to tune it by hand. On the plus side, you can record from the radio.
This last task was easy enough, as it used the MuVo's simple and intuitive slide-and-push jogdial, which also accesses the device's menu system. It doesn't take long to set up, which is lucky as all that Creative provides to help users is a 'quick start' guide. Should they need more direction, the Creative Web site has in-depth guides.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCData & Reporting AnalystVIC
- FTChange ManagerOther
- FTSenior DevOps Engineer | Leading SaaS Product CompanyOther
- FTDigital Business Project Manager, MediaOther
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - ERP SystemsNSW
- FTEnterprise Application AdministratorQLD
- CCTechnical Lead - VMWareVIC
- FTSQL BI Developer - SSRS, Power BIOther
- FTeCommerce Integration Support DeveloperVIC
- FTAccount ManagerOther
- CCMiddleware SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP Change Management LeadOther
- FTCustomer Support OfficerSA
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Consultant - DevOpsOther
- CCCloud Engineer - AzureVIC
- CCSenior Reporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSAED CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical Business Analyst/BSAOther