Creative Labs MuVo Mix
- Decent battery life
- No screen, tiny buttons, poor quality sound, non-rechargeable battery, confusing controls, flimsy case
Creative's MuVo Mix offers absolutely no significant advantages over the iPod Shuffle, while its disadvantages are numerous. Don't buy this product.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The MuVo Mix is Creative's answer to the iPod Shuffle. It is, in a single word, underwhelming.
Like the Shuffle, it lacks a screen of any kind. Unfortunately, it also comes with a non-rechargeable battery, horribly (and unnecessarily) small buttons, a flimsy and ugly plastic design, and barely adequate sound quality.
To add insult to injury, the MuVo Mix has even failed to reproduce Creative's typical ease-of-use. We found ourselves consulting the manual a couple of times to try to figure out why the player was repeating the same six-second segment of the demo track. The buttons are poorly marked, and often unresponsive unless held down. Battery life on the Mix is adequate, but it does not come with a rechargeable battery.
The included earphones were uncomfortable and delivered a very low quality sound. Buyers of the MuVo Mix are well advised to use their own preferred pair of headphones.
The MuVo Mix could have been a unique and interesting product. Instead it is nothing more than a sub-par clone of an already existing player with an established consumer base. Everything the Mix does, the Shuffle does just as well, or better. At the time of writing, the two products were even the same price.
The Mix clearly doesn't live up to expectations. Consumers who want to see how well Creative's signature features can be implemented into a shuffle-sized player are advised to check out the Creative Zen Nano Plus.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Android DeveloperOther
- CCSite Acquisition Officer - Adelaide basedSA
- TPAgile CoachNSW
- FTGRC and Security Project ManagerOther
- FTDevelops EngineerOther
- FTIntegration SpecialistQLD
- TPSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- CCNetwork Problem Management Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior API/Integration DeveloperOther
- FTUX Design Manager (Urgent!!)Other
- FTOnboarding Specialist / Service Design - ITIL | ServiceNowOther
- TPSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaOther
- FTTechnical Quality LeadVIC
- CCData Warehouse Architect - Start JUNE 18QLD
- FTProject Coordinator / Junior Change AnalystOther
- FTEAI Developer / Integration DeveloperOther
- FTProject Manager, Capital WorksNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Technical Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTSAP Business Analyst x 4NSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Customer Centric ContentQLD
- FTJunior Project ManagerOther