Creative Labs MuVo Mix
- Decent battery life
- No screen, tiny buttons, poor quality sound, non-rechargeable battery, confusing controls, flimsy case
Creative's MuVo Mix offers absolutely no significant advantages over the iPod Shuffle, while its disadvantages are numerous. Don't buy this product.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The MuVo Mix is Creative's answer to the iPod Shuffle. It is, in a single word, underwhelming.
Like the Shuffle, it lacks a screen of any kind. Unfortunately, it also comes with a non-rechargeable battery, horribly (and unnecessarily) small buttons, a flimsy and ugly plastic design, and barely adequate sound quality.
To add insult to injury, the MuVo Mix has even failed to reproduce Creative's typical ease-of-use. We found ourselves consulting the manual a couple of times to try to figure out why the player was repeating the same six-second segment of the demo track. The buttons are poorly marked, and often unresponsive unless held down. Battery life on the Mix is adequate, but it does not come with a rechargeable battery.
The included earphones were uncomfortable and delivered a very low quality sound. Buyers of the MuVo Mix are well advised to use their own preferred pair of headphones.
The MuVo Mix could have been a unique and interesting product. Instead it is nothing more than a sub-par clone of an already existing player with an established consumer base. Everything the Mix does, the Shuffle does just as well, or better. At the time of writing, the two products were even the same price.
The Mix clearly doesn't live up to expectations. Consumers who want to see how well Creative's signature features can be implemented into a shuffle-sized player are advised to check out the Creative Zen Nano Plus.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolutions Architect - Higher EducationOther
- FTCoach, Lean Startup & Design Thinking approachOther
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Business Analyst - IT Product and PlanningOther
- TPBusiness Analyst - RoboticsNSW
- FTProject Manager unique start up opportunity.NSW
- FTCoordinator X2 - Construction, Transport, RailOther
- CCMid-Level Oracle SQL DeveloperQLD
- FTWorkday TesterVIC
- FTSystems AnalystACT
- FTSenior Security ConsultantNSW
- FTMid Level UX DesignerOther
- CCEnvironment Support Analyst with .NetQLD
- FTEmail Production SpecialistOther
- CCLinux AdministratorNSW
- FTMarketing CoordinatorOther
- FTTechnical WriterOther
- CCUser Research - QualitativeACT
- FTJava Implementation EngineerVIC
- FTArchsight Delivery ConsultantVIC
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)VIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Security (ICT Transformation)Other
- FTPhone System TechnicianQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCWindows 10 Deployment TechnicianWA