Creative Labs MuVo Mix
- Decent battery life
- No screen, tiny buttons, poor quality sound, non-rechargeable battery, confusing controls, flimsy case
Creative's MuVo Mix offers absolutely no significant advantages over the iPod Shuffle, while its disadvantages are numerous. Don't buy this product.
Price$ 149.00 (AUD)
The MuVo Mix is Creative's answer to the iPod Shuffle. It is, in a single word, underwhelming.
Like the Shuffle, it lacks a screen of any kind. Unfortunately, it also comes with a non-rechargeable battery, horribly (and unnecessarily) small buttons, a flimsy and ugly plastic design, and barely adequate sound quality.
To add insult to injury, the MuVo Mix has even failed to reproduce Creative's typical ease-of-use. We found ourselves consulting the manual a couple of times to try to figure out why the player was repeating the same six-second segment of the demo track. The buttons are poorly marked, and often unresponsive unless held down. Battery life on the Mix is adequate, but it does not come with a rechargeable battery.
The included earphones were uncomfortable and delivered a very low quality sound. Buyers of the MuVo Mix are well advised to use their own preferred pair of headphones.
The MuVo Mix could have been a unique and interesting product. Instead it is nothing more than a sub-par clone of an already existing player with an established consumer base. Everything the Mix does, the Shuffle does just as well, or better. At the time of writing, the two products were even the same price.
The Mix clearly doesn't live up to expectations. Consumers who want to see how well Creative's signature features can be implemented into a shuffle-sized player are advised to check out the Creative Zen Nano Plus.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- FTTransition/ Transformation ExecutiveVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer - Java/J2EE/Micro servicesOther
- FTPMO/Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTScrum Master / Senior Business AnalystOther
- TPDigital Project Manager | Website ReplatformingQLD
- CCSenior SQL DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant - Security SDMNSW
- FTFinancial AnalystOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTCyber Security Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior DevOps ManagerVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Java DeveloperQLD
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorOther
- CCSenior Development DBA - OracleNSW
- FTJunior/Mid Front-end Developer/DesignerOther
- FTJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - ISO9001ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Government OrganizationVIC
- FTFTTx Network Area PlannerOther
- FTPlanner - Network Planning and Strategy (Telco Environment)Other
- FTMid Level Business Intelligence Analyst - Power BIOther
- TPBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperVIC