Creative Labs Live! Motion
- Swivel feature, good software
- Windows only, grainy still images
Pan and tilt features coupled with a wide-angle lens help the Live! Motion appeal to experienced webcam users.
Price$ 249.00 (AUD)
The popularity of broadband in the home has given webcams a new lease on life. Creative's Live! Motion WebCam takes a number of elegant features to help it appeal to the power user.
Creative boasts that the Live! Motion has a 50% wider view than most webcams on the market, which allows you to fit much more on screen. The cam includes motors that allow it to smoothly rotate through 200° horizontally and 105° vertically, and software is included to take panoramic photographs using the swivel feature. The motors run quietly, so they don't detract from conversations. Better yet, Creative's Smart Face-Tracking enables the cam to automatically pan, and tilt to follow movements of the subject, so you don't have to worry about keeping still while chatting. The silver and dark grey device relies on USB 2.0 to communicate with a PC and boasts a 640 x 480 CCD sensor capable of recording video at up to 30 frames per second. Snapshots of up to 1.3 megapixels are achievable via interpolation, however, they appear somewhat grainy. Creative has wisely bundled an earpiece and microphone with the device, which offers excellent audio quality.
Like other Creative products, the Motion is limited to working with Microsoft operating systems (in this case, Windows 2000 and XP), so Mac users are left out. The software bundle is well designed and features SightSpeed, an application designed to make video phone calls over the Internet. A copy of Yahoo! Messenger is included in the packaging, and it works flawlessly with MSN messenger, AOL Instant Messenger and Windows Messenger.
If you take a chatting seriously and rely heavily on webcams to keep in contact with friends and family overseas, the Live! Motion is a stellar choice, provided your computer runs Windows.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony make shooting in HDR easy with new 4K camcorders
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Microsoft's Beam becomes Mixer, adds four person split-screen streaming to battle Twitch
- Microsoft's Story Remix uses machine learning and mixed reality to make your movies awesome
- New IoT malware targets 100,000 IP cameras via known flaw
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCApplications Deployment/SupportQLD
- CCIOS DeveloperNSW
- FTClient Services OfficerOther
- CCInformation Security Consultant - BrisbaneACT
- FTTest Specialist - Automation ToolsQLD
- FTSenior Project Coordinator/ Business AnalystOther
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Digital Producer | 6 Month ContractOther
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness QA Manager - TelecommunicationsOther
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTPortfolio Manager/ Process Methodology Manager.Other
- FTSAP Integration ManagerOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorWA
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Planner - TelcoVIC
- FTAdministrator - Network InfrastructureOther
- CCSharepoint DeveloperWA
- FTUI / UX Lead DesignerQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst (Night Shift)Other
- FTBI - Business Intelligence, Analytics specialists & ArchitectsOther
- FTInside Sales SMSF SolutionsOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW