Creative Labs i-Trigue 3600
- Attractive design, Convenient remote control, Crisp and Clear Satellites, Excellent bass levels, Impressive volume levels
- Mid-range a little lacking, Quite pricey
The i-Trigue is a highly recommended speaker system that provides quality bass levels together with crisp, clear sound thanks to Tri-Array satellite technology – although you’ll pay for it.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Creative's i-Trigue 3600 speaker system offers quality sound and great looks for your PC. It comes highly recommended - although at this price, we feel it is quite expensive.
Creative left no stone unturned when they designed the i-Trigues - futuristic, slim and somewhat sexy, the satellite speakers and large subwoofer would be a welcome addition to any desk. The silver base that supports the speakers is a nice touch, while the design of the satellites is carried over into the subwoofer - its sleek lines and cavities mimicking its smaller counterpart.
In addition to their good looks, the i-Trigues are also very user-friendly, thanks to a convenient wired remote control which utlises a large control knob together with a headphone and auxiliary input. The remote is essentially a large round volume knob and has a convenient blue LED to signify power when the speakers are switched on. The Headphone and Auxiliary jacks are located on the front of the remote, meaning you won't have to duck behind the speakers or subwoofer to plug these in.
The i-Trigues are also relatively easy to set up - colour coded wires and connections corresponding to well-layed out inputs at the rear of the subwoofer. The power pack is extremely heavy and bulky though, so be wary of this when you're setting up. We also noted that the cables attached to the satellites were longer than most other systems - which means if you want to position them differently, this isn't going to be a problem.
We were extremely impressed by the bass levels the i-Trigues are capable of, especially at higher volume levels. We found that the bass control merely needed to be at halfway to produce optimum sounding beats - especially in heavier tracks. Be careful though - turning the bass up too much will drown out the clarity in the rest of the music, so you'll have to experiement depending on what music you often listen to.
The satellites were crisp and clear throughout testing and the volume levels they are capable of were striking. We didn't notice any evident distortion at higher volume levels either - and the volume levels really do pack quite a punch. These satellites are designed with what Creative call NeoTitanium Tri-Array technology. Tri-Array is a combination of three high-precision micro-speakers, while NeoTitanium is the use of spherical titanium diffusers. It sounds quite complicated, but basically this technology ensures precise and highly accurate sound reproduction - even when you are positioned a fair distance away from the unit.
The main complaint we have with the i-Trigues is the mid range, which is quite weak. This was most evident when playing more complex music, such as classical guitar riffs. It feels somewhat distorted and isn't as crisp as it should be. In saying this, we feel the i-Trigues are a valuable solution to most PC users and if you like you bass, then you may be interested in what Creative has brought to the table.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
- MSI's new Ryzen-ready motherboard coming to Oz
- Seagate Expands Portfolio with 12TB Drives for NAS and Desktop Computing
- Intel's 8th Gen Desktop Processors Go On Sale Today
- Seagate joins Bain bid to take control of Toshiba Memory
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- How to download the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update right now
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist - Senior roleOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution ArchitectNSW
- FT.Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- TPProject Director - Cloud - Qld HealthQLD
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- FTSAP Developers (SAP CRM, PSCD, HANA, UI5)Other
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperOther
- CCWindows AdminVIC
- FTMiddleware System AdministratorACT
- CCScrum Master - Digital/ Marketing ProjectsNSW
- FTHealthcare Application Support Analyst role in MelbourneVIC
- FTSoftware Developer - Delphi, VMS, FortranOther
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Infra Project ManagerOther
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Capacity PlannerVIC
- CCMobile Applications Developer (Brisbane)NSW
- FTService Desktop TechnicianOther
- TPSenior Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTEnterprise Architect - Permanent OpportunityQLD
- CCMessageQueue/DataPower AdministratorNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectOther
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer - BrisbaneVIC