Creative Labs i-Trigue 3600
- Attractive design, Convenient remote control, Crisp and Clear Satellites, Excellent bass levels, Impressive volume levels
- Mid-range a little lacking, Quite pricey
The i-Trigue is a highly recommended speaker system that provides quality bass levels together with crisp, clear sound thanks to Tri-Array satellite technology – although you’ll pay for it.
Price$ 229.95 (AUD)
Creative's i-Trigue 3600 speaker system offers quality sound and great looks for your PC. It comes highly recommended - although at this price, we feel it is quite expensive.
Creative left no stone unturned when they designed the i-Trigues - futuristic, slim and somewhat sexy, the satellite speakers and large subwoofer would be a welcome addition to any desk. The silver base that supports the speakers is a nice touch, while the design of the satellites is carried over into the subwoofer - its sleek lines and cavities mimicking its smaller counterpart.
In addition to their good looks, the i-Trigues are also very user-friendly, thanks to a convenient wired remote control which utlises a large control knob together with a headphone and auxiliary input. The remote is essentially a large round volume knob and has a convenient blue LED to signify power when the speakers are switched on. The Headphone and Auxiliary jacks are located on the front of the remote, meaning you won't have to duck behind the speakers or subwoofer to plug these in.
The i-Trigues are also relatively easy to set up - colour coded wires and connections corresponding to well-layed out inputs at the rear of the subwoofer. The power pack is extremely heavy and bulky though, so be wary of this when you're setting up. We also noted that the cables attached to the satellites were longer than most other systems - which means if you want to position them differently, this isn't going to be a problem.
We were extremely impressed by the bass levels the i-Trigues are capable of, especially at higher volume levels. We found that the bass control merely needed to be at halfway to produce optimum sounding beats - especially in heavier tracks. Be careful though - turning the bass up too much will drown out the clarity in the rest of the music, so you'll have to experiement depending on what music you often listen to.
The satellites were crisp and clear throughout testing and the volume levels they are capable of were striking. We didn't notice any evident distortion at higher volume levels either - and the volume levels really do pack quite a punch. These satellites are designed with what Creative call NeoTitanium Tri-Array technology. Tri-Array is a combination of three high-precision micro-speakers, while NeoTitanium is the use of spherical titanium diffusers. It sounds quite complicated, but basically this technology ensures precise and highly accurate sound reproduction - even when you are positioned a fair distance away from the unit.
The main complaint we have with the i-Trigues is the mid range, which is quite weak. This was most evident when playing more complex music, such as classical guitar riffs. It feels somewhat distorted and isn't as crisp as it should be. In saying this, we feel the i-Trigues are a valuable solution to most PC users and if you like you bass, then you may be interested in what Creative has brought to the table.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- First AMD Ryzen Desktop APUs Featuring World’s Most Powerful Graphics on a Desktop Processor
- MSI AM4 Motherboards are now ready for new AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen Desktop Processors
- Intel Xeon D-2100 set to enable new capabilities for cloud, network and service providers
- Samsung Advances SATA Line-up with 860 PRO and 860 EVO Solid State Drives
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By MadCatz
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Business Analyst (EL1)QLD
- FTSAP Program Manager (Other
- FTSenior Success ManagerOther
- TPPrincipal Solution Architect | CloudQLD
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- TPSenior Java Developer / IntegratorACT
- TPImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTGRC Lead - ECS.113Other
- CCSenior Drupal DeveloperNSW
- CCJava Full Stack DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaOther
- FTTechnical BA/Scrum MasterOther
- TPManual Test AnalystQLD
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTCloud Platform ArchitectOther
- FTCCNA Network EngineerOther
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTNetwork Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior MS SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Test Analyst - Service Now - BrisbaneNSW