Creative Labs HN-700 Noise Cancelling
- Attractive design, Good mid-tones
- Uncomfortable, Noise cancelling feature doesn’t work well, Sound leakage, Muddy bass, Truncated treble.
The HM-700 headphones don’t perform as well as other noise cancelling headphones on the market and when coupled with a lack of comfort and sound quality, they aren’t very highly recommended.
Price$ 799.95 (AUD)
Creative have been the leaders in PC sound cards for many years and as such you would imagine they would know a thing or two about sound. Therefore when we unpacked the HM-700 noise cancelling headphones we were expecting quite a lot. Unfortunately, these headphones didn't live up to our expectations despite, for the most part, performing well enough for the average consumer.
First of all, the noise cancelling feature didn't really cancel all that much noise. They seemed to remove a little ambient sound but at the cost of very tight suction against the ear, so much so that prolonged use resulted in quite painful migraines . Despite the incredible suction, the headphones still leaked quite a bit of sound, even at midrange volumes, which noise cancelling headphones are meant to prevent.
The headphones themselves sound good although the bass does tend to get muddy at higher volumes with higher treble tones sounding a little truncated. The HM-700 does really well in the mid-tones though, and should be more than sufficient for most audio consumers.
The design of the headphones is rather good with a lustrous aesthetic. They have leather moldings on the top of the headband and around the cups and the unit folds in half via a hinge in the top of the headband, for easy storage.
The noise cancelling feature requires two AAA sized batteries for power but when we tested them a brand new set of Duracell's only lasted about 5 hours. Considering the price of batteries this is woefully inadequate, and even though many people will probably opt to purchase rechargeable, it is an added expense that you should be aware of.
These headphones aren't as good as you would expect from Creative. They tended to be quite uncomfortable and didn't perform as advertised. When you consider other headphones on the market at this price point, you quickly come to realize that the HM-700 are insanely overpriced and not even partially worth their exuberant price tag. Also, the number one purpose of a set of noise cancelling headphones should be to cancel noise and the Creative HM-700 just didn't cut the mustard.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Harman ANZ relaunches AKG into the consumer market with new range
- Plantronics Expands its Award-Winning BackBeat FIT Family
- Google marries AI, hardware and software with Made By Google
- Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, Pixelbook, Google Home Mini & Max: Everything Announced At Today’s Google Event
- Bose Upgrade Q35 for Google Assistant
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution Manager - SAPOther
- CCPlatform/ Systems DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Support EngineerSA
- TPWeb DeveloperACT
- FTProgramme DirectorSA
- FTIT Service Delivery Manager - Workplace Technology (O365 & SP)Other
- FTITIL Service ManagementSA
- FTDigital Content Manager | AEM , HTML and CSSOther
- FTFull Stack .Net DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital ProducerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst (Report Analyst)Other
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTDigital Marketing ExecutiveOther
- CCOracle CRM OD (On Demand) Consultant - Telecom IndustryVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- TPIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCScrum MasterQLD
- FTBlockchain DeveloperOther
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTUnix AdministratorACT
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneNSW
- CCProperty Project Manager - Office ExpansionNSW
- CCMid - Level SAP Test Analyst (Brisbane)WA