We have a Printer, Scanner and Label Maker to get your business organised. Enter today.
Creative Inspire M5300
- Powerful bass, good volume levels, great value
- Treble tends to be slightly flat in highest frequencies, bass dominates other audio
A great value speaker set for gaming and casual PC use, the Inspire M5300 is an easy and affordable way to get rumbling bass and 5.1 sound on your PC.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Creative's Inspire M5300 is a 5.1 PC speaker set. At a very affordable RRP and with respectable audio quality, they're quite good value. Powerful bass dominates their audio range, while treble performance is their weakest area. By no means a high-end audio product, they're nevertheless well suited to basic music, movie and gaming use.
The M5300 delivers clear audio, with a minimum of distortion at reasonable listening volumes. As mentioned, however, treble is their weakest area, with a lack of definition and general flatness in the upper ranges. Bass is powerful, and although it tends to be slightly slow at times, for the most part it's well defined. Long, rumbling explosions and thumping music should be well handled by these speakers. The mid-range is clear, although along with treble it is sometimes overpowered by the dominant bass.
The volume levels are quite good, and we found a comfortable listening level at around about 30 to 40 per cent volume. We did encounter distortion at the highest levels, but realistically these were too loud for most use. Bass volume is adjustable via a knob on the back of the subwoofer, which can be somewhat hard to reach if the sub's positioned on the floor, but otherwise gives a good range of bass levels. Again, we encountered some distortion at the maximum volume, however, we found this to be too heavy anyway, and found a comfortable bass level at around 90 per cent. A small, handheld volume control plugs into the back of the sub, and is an easy and unobtrusive way to make quick adjustments.
The speakers' design is quite basic, with detachable stands for when the user wishes to wall mount. The black plastic finish looks a little tacky up close, but as a package they present a reasonably attractive aesthetic. The speakers themselves are quite lightweight, and we did notice that they were fairly easy to topple, although this shouldn't be a significant concern for most.
Overall, Creative's Inspire M5300 speaker set is a great value product. It doesn't have the best quality audio, but its powerful bass and clear mid-range make it a good choice for gaming, as well as casual movie and music use.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- HP revamp Omen range with game streaming and hybrid keyboard
- QNAP Unveils the TS-1635AX 16-bay NAS
- Razer debut the first Opto-Mechanical keyboards in the form of the new Huntman and Huntsman Elite
- Samsung brings the Samsung Fl!p to Australia
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies