Creative Inspire M5300
- Powerful bass, good volume levels, great value
- Treble tends to be slightly flat in highest frequencies, bass dominates other audio
A great value speaker set for gaming and casual PC use, the Inspire M5300 is an easy and affordable way to get rumbling bass and 5.1 sound on your PC.
Price$ 129.95 (AUD)
Creative's Inspire M5300 is a 5.1 PC speaker set. At a very affordable RRP and with respectable audio quality, they're quite good value. Powerful bass dominates their audio range, while treble performance is their weakest area. By no means a high-end audio product, they're nevertheless well suited to basic music, movie and gaming use.
The M5300 delivers clear audio, with a minimum of distortion at reasonable listening volumes. As mentioned, however, treble is their weakest area, with a lack of definition and general flatness in the upper ranges. Bass is powerful, and although it tends to be slightly slow at times, for the most part it's well defined. Long, rumbling explosions and thumping music should be well handled by these speakers. The mid-range is clear, although along with treble it is sometimes overpowered by the dominant bass.
The volume levels are quite good, and we found a comfortable listening level at around about 30 to 40 per cent volume. We did encounter distortion at the highest levels, but realistically these were too loud for most use. Bass volume is adjustable via a knob on the back of the subwoofer, which can be somewhat hard to reach if the sub's positioned on the floor, but otherwise gives a good range of bass levels. Again, we encountered some distortion at the maximum volume, however, we found this to be too heavy anyway, and found a comfortable bass level at around 90 per cent. A small, handheld volume control plugs into the back of the sub, and is an easy and unobtrusive way to make quick adjustments.
The speakers' design is quite basic, with detachable stands for when the user wishes to wall mount. The black plastic finish looks a little tacky up close, but as a package they present a reasonably attractive aesthetic. The speakers themselves are quite lightweight, and we did notice that they were fairly easy to topple, although this shouldn't be a significant concern for most.
Overall, Creative's Inspire M5300 speaker set is a great value product. It doesn't have the best quality audio, but its powerful bass and clear mid-range make it a good choice for gaming, as well as casual movie and music use.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Go to Market programVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile Developer - East MelbourneNSW
- FTSharepoint ConsultantOther
- CCCerner Senior Applications SpecialistQLD
- FTProject Manager - ApplicationsOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Accounting / Financial DataOther
- FTTest Engineer - Telecom domainVIC
- FTOrganisational Change ManagerACT
- CCAWS DevOps Engineer - BrisbaneNSW
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTData DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- TPSharepoint AdministratorQLD
- CCNetwork Planner - TelcoVIC
- CCCRM Support DeveloperWA
- FTIntegration Specialist - TIBCOOther
- FTBig Data DeveloperOther
- FTSalesforce ConsultantVIC
- CCXamarin Mobile DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Project ManagerOther
- CCHelpdesk Support roleNSW
- CCSOC AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC