Creative Gigaworks T20
- Strong mid-range, incredibly clear audio, attractive design, wide range of uses
- Treble can be tinny at times, mid-range can at times overpower other audio
Creative's Gigaworks T20 speakers are a great choice for PC users looking for a versatile and reliable set of speakers. They're not high end, but deliver great value for their price.
Price$ 139.95 (AUD)
The Creative Gigaworks T20 is an attractive and mid-range set of stereo PC speakers. Apart from its aesthetic appeal, the speakers also deliver impressive audio quality for its price range. Without a dedicated subwoofer, it isn't capable of producing incredibly powerful bass; however, a strong mid-range and clear sound make them suitable for a variety of purposes, including gaming, movies and music.
The audio on the T20 is dominated by a powerful mid-range. In some cases, this can overpower subtler bass and treble notes, but on the whole it's not a major problem. The clarity of sound is impressive, and vocals especially are incredibly crisp and well defined. Treble is slightly tinny, but nevertheless maintains good clarity and presence during music playback. Bass is generally quite good, although the T20 struggles to do justice to the very lowest frequencies. Even the fastest basslines are reproduced well, and we didn't notice any significant tendencies towards muddiness during our tests. Without a subwoofer, truly wall-shaking bass isn't possible, but to Creative's credit the T20 is able to generate a respectable amount of vibration.
Volume is certainly enough for most purposes, and although it's unlikely to be able to project sound throughout the entire house, the T20 is more than capable of handling a single room or two. We didn't notice any serious distortion at even the highest volumes either, making the T20 a solid choice for those who enjoy loud music.
Aesthetically, the T20 is very attractively designed. The casing is plastic, although a grey front panel on top of the black cases gives it an almost metallic look. The right speaker contains three simple knobs for volume/power, treble, and bass, as well as headphone and auxiliary ports. The two-way speakers stand quite tall, although it lacks a wide base, which while adding to its overall look, does make them slightly easy to topple. A removable cloth mesh cover rests over the tweeter and mid-range driver.
With the strong mid-range and ability to create a decent amount of rumble, the T20 isn't just limited to PC use. Creative has included an adapter for use with RCA audio plugs, allowing users to connect the speakers to their home entertainment system. The absence of a remote makes this a little unwieldy, although the T20 is capable of handling a good range of movies as well as music. Hardcore gamers may wish to invest in a set of 5.1 speakers; however the general power of the T20 also makes it a great option for game-lovers as well.
Overall, Creative has designed an impressive pair of speakers with the Gigaworks T20. The strong mid-range and clear audio help them to fit into whichever role is needed at the time, and it's well suited to gaming, music and movies. Combined with an attractive design and affordable RRP, the T20 is hard to pass up for users looking for a solid and reliable pair of speakers for a variety of purposes.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- BenQ unveils a pair of new ergonomic eSports mice
- Crucial Launches Highest Density 128GB DDR4 LRDIMM Server Memory
- The Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Will Now Resist the Elements
- Logitech Unveils MX ERGO, their first trackball in nearly a decade
- Nvidia unveils Pegasus, an AI computer that can power fully autonomous vehicles
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCSystems / Storage EngineerWA
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- TPSenior Project Manager (Applications/Business)NSW
- TPIT OfficerVIC
- FTOnboarding Specialist / Service Design - ITIL | ServiceNowOther
- FTProgram CoordinatorACT
- CCProject Delivery Lead - Oracle Banking Platform - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCTest Engineer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- TPProject ManagerNSW
- FTMachine Learning Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Network ArchitectOther
- CCAutomation Test ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior MySQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCAutomation Designer (Solutions Architect) - Robotics (RPA) - SydneyNSW
- CCOracle DeveloperVIC
- CCData ScientistVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- FTAutomation TesterQLD
- FTDeveloper - TallymanOther
- FTService Desk ConsultantOther