Corel VideoStudio Pro X3
Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 adds graphics-card acceleration to speed up rendering performance
- Support for quad-core CPUs, GPU support, interface has been tidied up
- Creating picture-in-picture effects could be more straightforward, a decent manual wouldn't go amiss
New features aside, it's the improved performance of Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 that really makes it worth buying. The ability to apply complex transitions and special effects in real-time makes the editing process feel smoother and more responsive and really encourages you to experiment and explore the creative power in the program.
Price$ 169.00 (AUD)
We were wondering what would happen to VideoStudio Pro following the recent release of Corel's low-cost Digital Studio suite. But VideoStudio Pro is still going strong - in fact this new X3 version even comes bundled with a copy of the separate VideoStudio Express program, taken from Digital Studio to provide an ‘easy edit' option for those simple tasks like trimming clips or adjusting lighting.
Changes in Corel VideoStudio Pro X3 go a lot deeper than that, though. Under the bonnet, the program has been updated to provide support for quad-core processors such as Intel's Core i7. It can also use your PC's graphics processor (GPU) to speed up a number of transition and special effects.
This GPU support will work with most recent graphics processors, but the program has also been specifically optimised to work with nVidia graphics cards that use nVidia's CUDA technology.
We ran the program on Windows PCs that had both ATI and nVidia graphics cards and both PCs were able to apply effects such as mosaics, swirls and ripples smoothly and quickly and with no additional rendering or processing time. That's pretty impressive, given that both machines were relatively modest mid-range models.
The program's interface has been tidied up too. The long series of tabs and tools that used to run across the top of the main program window has now been reduced to just three tabs - labelled ‘Capture', ‘Edit', and ‘Share' - and all the additional tools you need are now folded into those three tabs.
So, if you click the ‘Edit' tab, the program switches into editing mode and the various transitions, effects and other editing tools are now organised into separate groups within the Library palette for easy access
On the editing side of things there's a new set of ‘Corel FX' filter effects, which include those accelerated swirls and mosaics we mentioned earlier, along with a rather nice ‘Sketch' effect that makes video clips look like hand-drawn animated artwork.
There's also a powerful new tool for creating picture-in-picture effects, although using this is a rather long-winded affair that requires a long list of options to be ticked and selected along the way, so Corel could make this process a bit more straightforward. A decent manual wouldn't go amiss.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Bose SoundLink Micro
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAutomation Tester - 12 month contract - Big 4 BankOther
- FTSenior Change Manager, Portfolio Change DeliveryOther
- FTUser Experience PractitionerACT
- FTUX Designer | Mobile ApplicationsOther
- TPICT Strategic Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCDigital Customer Marketing ExecutiveNSW
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- FTInfrastructure Design Engineer, DC Power, CommunicationsOther
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- FTSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectVIC
- FTSenior Application DeveloperOther
- CCF5 Operational Support EngineerWA
- TPInstructional DesignerNSW
- CCJunior to Mid Level - Java/ J2EE DeveloperQLD
- FTICT Project Coordinator / Project ManagerOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- FTNetwork Lead AcrhitectNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Test Engineer - Insurance domainVIC