Corel MediaOne Plus
- Highly user-friendly, plenty of tools and templates to play around with, comprehensive media backup options
- Video editing options are a tad basic
Corel MediaOne Plus is a user-friendly, multi-purpose application that keeps all of the basics covered. Whether you want to create DVD slideshows, enhance your photographs, or safely backup your media, MediaOne Plus offers the necessary tools for completion.
Price$ 99.00 (AUD)
Once upon a time, people used to fret about losing their photos and home movie collection in a raging house fire ("should we save the wedding album first, or the pets?") These days, it's all about the dreaded hard drive crash, which can be equally destructive and traumatic. Thankfully, Corel's MediaOne Plus offers a simple backup solution to ensure your archived memories are never lost. What's more, it allows you to comprehensively touch up your photos, as well as create scrapbooks and slideshows suitable for DVD. While it's not the most versatile editing application we've seen (particularly when it comes to video), it remains an affordable all-in-one package that should keep casual users well satisfied.
In addition to its CD and DVD-authoring capabilities, MediaOne Plus offers a Shapcast online storage account for maximum backup protection. This virtually eliminates the possibility of losing your cherished photographs; even if your computer, CD ROMs and photo albums simultaneously self-combust. The service allows users to archive their images in the JPEG format at a resolution of 2 megapixels (those who upgrade to a Premium plan can keep their photos stored at full resolution). Rather spiffily, the service will automatically upload your photos to your Shapcast account whenever you use the Corel Photo Downloader; saving you time and energy. As with any online storage service though, we would advise you not rely on it as your sole means of backup -- after all, there's no guarantee that the Web site will last forever, regardless of its 'lifetime storage' claims. (People have been burnt by similar companies in the past.)
As previously mentioned, the program also lets you make backups of your media to CD or DVD; achievable in three easy steps. It's a remarkably technophobe-friendly process -- simply place a disc into your hard drive, select the appropriate options in the Home panel and then burn your files to disc. Of course, making fail-safe backups of your media is only one aspect of the MediaOne Plus package; those who want to fix or spruce up their digital creations are equally well catered for.
As with Corel's Paint Shop Pro Photo X2, MediaOne Plus offers a range of intuitive photo editing tools which have been tailor-made for the entry level user. Unlike certain other editing packages; which require you to wade through a phonebook-sized manual, MediaOne Plus can be used with confidence directly after installation. Many commonly used tools and features -- such as perspective correction and red-eye removal -- have been simplified at the user's end to make life much easier. For those who want results fast, the included Quick Fix button offers a one-click solution for imperfect colour balance, contrast, clarity, and saturation.
Another feature borrowed from Corel's Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 is the popular Makeover tool. This allows you to make a handful of 'cosmetic enhancements' to your human subjects with just a few easy clicks. (Boyfriend looking a bit pastier than usual? Simply apply the Suntan mode to give him a hunkier, bronzed sheen!) All up, there are more than enough tools and features available to keep casual enthusiasts happy.
MediaOne Plus also comes equipped with some basic video editing options; including the ability to trim clips and extract still images. Unfortunately, the tools on offer are far too rudimentary to be of any real use -- if you don't own a dedicated video editing application, we advise sticking to Windows Movie Maker instead.
Rounding out the package is a host of multimedia tools and templates for the creation of calendars, scrapbooks, DVD menus, greeting cards and more. We were particularly impressed by the Corel Show application, which allows users to design dynamic photo presentations, complete with fancy transitions and zooming effects. You can also add titles and music tracks (WAV, WMA and MP3 files all supported). From laying out your photos to burning the production to DVD, the process is fast and hassle-free.
All up, this is an impressive and highly versatile product which has been packed with plenty of useful features. If you're after a cheap editing application that puts the emphasis on having fun, you could do a lot worse than MediaOne Plus.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Apple iPhone X
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCApplication DeveloperNSW
- FTSalesforce Consultant - SMEVIC
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- FT.NET Developers (Perm and Contract)WA
- CCSenior Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCNetwork Security SpecialistVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTDNS Network SpecialistOther
- FTLead Data Engineer - Greenfield projectQLD
- FTLead Business AnalystOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCCloud Release & Deployment ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperOther
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTSoftware DeveloperNSW
- CCSAS AnalystNSW
- FTUI / UX Designer - UBANK - PermOther
- CCUser Interface DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware Configuration ManagerOther
- CCHFC Project Manager (Delivery) - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- CCSenior Front-End DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity Consultant/Snr Security ConsultantVIC