Compro Australia DVB-T200A
- Good reception, Can turn the PC on and off
- Had trouble with Channel 9
Despite some quirks during timeshifting and the slow channel changing, the DVB-T200A is a versatile card and is well worth considering, especially for a Windows MCE 2005 machine.
Price$ 149.90 (AUD)
Plenty of features and a competitive price tag make the DVB-T200A a worthy choice for any PC that requires digital TV functionality.
It displayed standard-definition and high- definition channels in pristine quality during our tests and playback was smooth on our AMD Athlon 64 3000+ PC, even while we used the Internet in the background. The tuner's ability to pick up all available channels using our old antenna is commendable; however, it did have trouble picking up channel Nine's standard-definition channels.
The card can also be used to record from composite or S-video sources, which worked well in our tests, and the card's software interface Compro DTV has a button for quick switching between these sources. Compro DTV has a couple of little annoyances, including slow channel changes, disappearing mouse cursors and slow timeshifting.
Manual recording was straightforward and worked well, as did the scheduler. The DVB-T200A is one of the few cards on the market that has the ability to actually power up a computer and then follow a recording schedule. It does this by using a power switch pass-through for ATX power supplies.
For lounging, the card is supplied with an infrared remote control and it also has BDA drivers, which means it can be used with Windows Media Centre Edition (MCE) 2005.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Traditional Aussie PC market defies global downward trend again
- Logitech say new mouse features the best optical sensor ever designed for wireless gaming
- Razer unveil new Basilisk mouse built for FPS gaming
- HyperX Unveil Heavy-Duty Gaming Keyboard
- NVIDIA Supercharges Rendering Performance with AI
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTPre-Sales Solution Architect - Global Cloud OrganisationVIC
- TPSenior Full-Stack DeveloperSA
- CCReporting Data Analyst - TelcoVIC
- TPSQL DevloperNSW
- FTChange Manager OR Senior Change AnalystOther
- FTReporting Consultant with AlteryxOther
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- CCSolution Architect - BrisbaneVIC
- FTSenior Digital ProducerNSW
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTDeployment Project CoordinatorOther
- FTTM1 DeveloperOther
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- FTService Level ManagerSA
- FTSenior IT Recruitment Consultant - CommercialOther
- FTSecurity ArchitectOther
- FTProfessional Services Consultant - UCMOther
- FTNetwork EngineerACT
- FTInternal Communications ManagerOther
- CCTRIM Support OfficerACT
- FTSenior Pega DeveloperOther
- FTBusiness Development Manager - ERP SystemsNSW
- FTData Scientist (Scientific Computing Specialist)ACT
- FTLead Front End DeveloperOther