Collectorz.com MP3 Collector 2.2 Pro
- Batch editing of files, Filename parsing, Export to .html
- No support for multiple playlists
While it probably couldn’t be called revolutionary, MP3 Collector 2.2 Pro definitely delivers a highly functional and professional content management package for audio files.
Price$ 52.75 (AUD)
The proliferation of MP3s is a phenomenon that is reflected in a wide range of digital technology that utilizes this format. Support for the popular music file type is being included in devices ranging from cameras to stereo systems to DVD players. It seems that the MP3, along with similarly compressed digital audio files (such as WMA and OGG), is becoming the medium of choice for more and more people these days. Its compressed size makes it incredibly easy to store on a huge range of devices, from computer hard drives to MP3 players' flash memory to CDs and DVDs. At the same time, it manages to retain an incredibly impressive amount of the original recording's quality. With such advantages, and a constantly growing popularity, sorting, organising and managing an MP3 collection can become an exceptionally difficult task for fans with huge libraries.
This is where software like Collectorz.com's MP3 Collector 2.2 Pro comes in. Providing an easy and convenient, yet powerful organisational tool, MP3 Collector 2.2 Pro gives users the ability to document, edit, sort, and search through their digital music collection. With a broad range of features and a relatively simple and easy to use interface, Collectorz.com help to make your MP3 collection easier to access than ever before.
After booting up the software, you can opt to either search your computer for available files, or import them into the database yourself from selected locations. The main database display window immediately lights up, sorting MP3s by file path, while a Windows Explorer-esque navigation frame on the left provides options for sorting through the database, playlist, and your computer's file structure. From here, the user can begin to organise, edit and manipulate their MP3s.
Organising MP3s is a breeze with the program. Tracks can be sorted by album, artist, track name, year, file size, bit rate ... the list could go on for paragraphs. The database is capable of displaying a vast amount of information regarding your files, and sorting by whichever characteristic you desire. The ability to edit ID3 tags is a big part of this, and really gives users an incredible amount of control over how their songs are identified and classified.
Editing MP3 files is generally a pretty tedious process, but the extent to which MP3 Collector 2.2 Pro automates it is incredible. Tracks can be automatically updated from the database, edited in batches (a very useful feature for those with huge collections), and file information can even be parsed from filenames. Changing the filenames of tracks already in the database is exceptionally easy, and filenames can be configured to any format desired (eg, 01 artist - album - track name, or year - artist - track name, etc).
Once you've got your songs sorted and labeled the way you want, you can start, well, listening to them! Songs can be added to a playlist (which is accessible via the navigation window on the left side of the screen), which can be played in your default media player, saved, and edited as you see fit. We were disappointed to find that we could only have one playlist open at a time, but otherwise we found this feature to be very useful. We were even able to export our entire database to html format, displaying the characteristics (artist, album, etc) that we wished. A great feature for showing off MP3 lists to friends!
In the end, this software doesn't actually do anything that can't be done manually, or with free programs online. However, the extent to which it automates and integrates the features that it provides makes it far superior to any other MP3 management software we've come across to date. Users with small collections probably won't be able to take full advantage of everything that this software offers, but for those aching to finally get a handle on the thousands of MP3s scattered around their computer will find a surefire solution at http://www.collectorz.com.
Join the newsletter!
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
Bose SoundLink Micro
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- LG V30+ review: The videographer's smartphone arrives
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTCountry Manager - Business DevelopmentOther
- TPSenior Business AnalystACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Wealth & AgileOther
- FTEnterprise Solution ArchitectOther
- FTCloud ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Accounting BackgroundQLD
- FTBusiness System Analyst | 6mth ContractOther
- FTMid-level Drupal Developer - BrisbaneSA
- CCDesktop Support / Field TechnicianWA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTAgile Digital Business AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- FT.Net DeveloperOther
- FTSenior .Net Developer - (Australian Citizens Only)Other
- FTO365 ConsultantOther
- FTDesktop TechnicianSA
- FT0365 Consultant - Large Scale O365 ImplementationVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperWA
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTNet Technical Lead - Funds Management Products -Leading FintechOther
- FTLevel 2 Support Engineer | 12mth FTCOther
- FTDatabase AdministratorNSW
- FTMurex DeveloperVIC
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC