IoT botnets have been known for quite a while, but they gained household infamy after Mirai grabbed the headlines back in 2016.
collect3 Picture Safe
A virtual vault for the iPhone secures those pictures you don't want made public.
- Simple and attractive user interface, easy to use, imports photos from album and camera, Quick Hide and Snoop Stopper
- Lost PIN codes cannot be retrieved
If you want to keep your more personal pictures away from prying eyes, Picture Safe is a simple and effective method.
Price$ 2.49 (AUD)
The contents of your mobile phone can offer a snapshot of your life, giving a thief access to all your SMS messages and candid photos. The Picture Safe iPhone app from Australian company collect3 helps address this issue by blocking unauthorised access to all your saucy (or merely private) photos.
During initial set up users are asked to choose and verify a PIN, which then becomes the password to access the photos you choose to protect. Photos can be imported through the iPhone's photo album or by taking photos from within the app itself. Importing photos can take some time and the app doesn't automatically delete photos from the core iPhone photo album, so you will have to manually delete them after importing.
If you forget your PIN you will be unable to access your photos, though collect3 has said it will alter this in a future update.
The Picture Safe interface is uncluttered and resembles the iPhone's normal Photos interface. Photos can be placed into different albums and can be displayed as a slideshow.
Apart from the PIN, there are two other security measures. Snoop Stopper will redirect a user to an alternative album of stock photos if the PIN code is entered incorrectly three times. Quick Hide lets you hide the photo you're currently viewing by double tapping the screen; the app will then display a graph.
Minds will inevitably jump to the obvious use for the app — porn — but Picture Safe has other potential uses, such securing photos of loved ones or confidential material. The low cost and simplicity of Picture Safe make it an enticing iPhone app.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Bitdefender unveils new 2019 product line
- WWDC 2018: Apple gives us a first look at an all-new Mac App Store
- Apple combats iPhone throttling backlash with new iOS 12 features
- Budget 2018: Government seeks to boost Australian AI capabilities
- JBL take smart speakers back to the living room Link 300
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies