- Charming aspect of storytelling with well-developed characters and a fair amount of challenging puzzles, custom level editor, playful cut-scenes will land a few chuckles
- Some stages are not well-designed as a 3D platformer on an isometric plane — which can be a cause for frustration over sensitive controls and lots of trial and error
Overall, Steal Princess is a game that has decent, challenging puzzles, but may leave you falling flat into a bottomless pit as a 3D platformer.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
Steal Princess is a puzzle/platformer game with easy-to-learn game mechanics and somewhat challenging puzzles. Each stage has a victory condition which may include killing all enemies or simply obtaining the key to unlock the gate to the next level.
Some enemies have a colour-coded affinity who can only be defeated by using the corresponding weapon found in plain sight or hidden within an enemy or inanimate object. Anise, the notorious thief and reluctant hero of Steal Princess can use her whip to pull enemies aside, swing from designated objects, and activate switches.
The boss fights are not terribly difficult compared to the encounters preceding it. Most of the boss fights require good timing and dodging attacks. The isometric plane makes certain levels more challenging only because it can be difficult to determine the precise height and depth of a jump across a platform, preventing players from seeing anything behind taller objects that are closer to the player's fixed view. Aside from a few of the awkward jumping and swinging puzzles, the game mechanics are simple and straightforward, providing enough variety to keep you playing.
Join the newsletter!
Samsung QLED 8K TV
Apple iMac Pro
Ballistix Sport AT
Bang and Olufsen Beoplay A9 Speaker
Ballistix Tactical Tracer RGB 3000
Toys for Boys
Little Bits DROID Inventor Kit
ESET Cyber Security Pro for Mac
Osmo Coding Awbie Game
ESET Smart Security Premium
Nix Pro Colour Sensor
Oregon Pro WMR500 Weather Station
Tivoli PAL BT
ESET Internet Security
Ikea RIGGAD work lamp with wireless charging
Naztech Xtra Drive Mini + 256GB microSD Card
SmartLens - Clip on Phone Camera Lens Set of 3
Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
TimeFlip Magnet Simple Time Tracking Device
So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Watch review: Brilliant but not quite a breakthrough
- 2 HP Omen 15 (2018): Full, in-depth review
- 3 HP Envy x360 13 (Ryzen): Full, in-depth review
- 4 Dell G5 review: Easy to live with
- 5 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
Latest News Articles
- Fortnite and PUBG could be banned in China
- Epic Games cuts the once-loved 'Infinity Blade' series from the App Store
- Resident Evil 2 Hands On Preview
- Support for AUD finally comes to Steam (with a catch)
- Intel Extreme Masters Sydney returns for the third consecutive year in 2019
PCW Evaluation Team
Microsoft Office continues to make a student’s life that little bit easier by offering reliable, easy to use, time-saving functionality, while continuing to develop new features that further enhance what is already a formidable collection of applications
I’d recommend a Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 and the new Windows 10 to anyone who needs to get serious work done (before you kick back on your couch with your favourite Netflix show.)
It’s useful for office tasks as well as pragmatic labelling of equipment and storage – just don’t get too excited and label everything in sight!
The Brother MFC-L8900CDW is an absolute stand out. I struggle to fault it.
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
- Razer Phone 2 review: One for the fans
- Oppo R17 Pro review: Full, in-depth, Australian review
- Google Pixel 3 XL review: Ghost in the machine
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies