Citrix Systems Asia Pacific gotomy PC 5.0
- Simple to use, Accessible online
- Subscription per PC
A fantastic piece of software that delivers everything it promises and more. The only problem is that it’s subscription based per computer, so Windows Remote Desktop may be a better free option.
Price$ 28.00 (AUD)
If you ever wanted to connect remotely to your desktop PC, then the obvious solution was Windows Remote Desktop connection. However, this involves a convoluted setup process, and it will run at a slow pace without many of the features found in GoToMy PC.
GoToMy PC does away with configuring firewalls and remembering IP addresses. In order to access your computer remotely, all you need to do is set up an account with GoToMy PC. You then install a small file onto the PC you want to access remotely (host), which periodically broadcasts to the GoToMy PC servers using 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard and Secure Socket Layer protocols.
One you have initialised the host PC, you can log into it from anywhere in the world via GoToMy PC's Web site. It is as easy as logging into Web-based e-mail. Once you're authenticated, your desktop appears in a new window and can view files, use applications and drag and drop files between computers.
We had it running very well over a 386Kbps connection and ran video at about 20fps over an ADSL 2 broadband connection (without audio). We even had it running over a data card on the train, so I could send e-mails as if I was in the office. GoToMy PC has optimised its software for any type of Internet connection.
It also works with Pocket PC, Linux and Mac operating systems and supports true colour in the latest version.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Sonos say Aussie Alexa support for One smart speaker won't arrive until Autumn 2018
- Transport for NSW boosts digital experience with Amazon Alexa
- Irdeto Acquires Denuvo
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSystem Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - End User Computing - MobilityOther
- FTProject Manager/LeaderSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst | Financial Services | $880/dayQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- FT3rd Level Network and Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSalesforce Developer - Telco ClientVIC
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureACT
- CCLSS Black Belt ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - Infrastructure - Data CentreQLD
- CCDatabase Systems Specialist-BathurstNSW
- FTOracle Database Exadata Engineers, Sydney CBD, 6 months contract,NSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Quality Analyst (Payments, data, application integration)VIC
- FTDigital Business AnalystOther
- FTField Supervisor - Pit RemediationVIC
- FTSEO ExecutiveOther
- TPSenior Technical Analyst - Oracle PeopleSoftQLD
- FTService Delivery CoordinatorVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperQLD
- FTSecurity DesignerOther
- FTIT Help-Desk Coordinator / ManagerOther
- FTSalesforce/CRM Product Owner (CSPO)Other