Citrix Systems Asia Pacific gotomy PC 5.0
- Simple to use, Accessible online
- Subscription per PC
A fantastic piece of software that delivers everything it promises and more. The only problem is that it’s subscription based per computer, so Windows Remote Desktop may be a better free option.
Price$ 28.00 (AUD)
If you ever wanted to connect remotely to your desktop PC, then the obvious solution was Windows Remote Desktop connection. However, this involves a convoluted setup process, and it will run at a slow pace without many of the features found in GoToMy PC.
GoToMy PC does away with configuring firewalls and remembering IP addresses. In order to access your computer remotely, all you need to do is set up an account with GoToMy PC. You then install a small file onto the PC you want to access remotely (host), which periodically broadcasts to the GoToMy PC servers using 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard and Secure Socket Layer protocols.
One you have initialised the host PC, you can log into it from anywhere in the world via GoToMy PC's Web site. It is as easy as logging into Web-based e-mail. Once you're authenticated, your desktop appears in a new window and can view files, use applications and drag and drop files between computers.
We had it running very well over a 386Kbps connection and ran video at about 20fps over an ADSL 2 broadband connection (without audio). We even had it running over a data card on the train, so I could send e-mails as if I was in the office. GoToMy PC has optimised its software for any type of Internet connection.
It also works with Pocket PC, Linux and Mac operating systems and supports true colour in the latest version.
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 2 LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- 3 Tag Heuer Connected Smartwatch and Android Wear 2 review
- 4 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 5 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft shows the power of its Pen with a new Whiteboard app and other upgrades
- Windows 10 S will not run Linux, even though it's a downloadable Windows app
- The Windows 10 Game Bar: What PC gamers need to know
- Microsoft redesigns OneNote UI to make it more universally accessible
- Windows 10 Insider build 16199 fills some holes in the Creators Update
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Garmin Fenix 5 fitness tracker smartwatch review
- MSI GE72 7RE Apache Pro gaming laptop review
- LG 2017 OLED TV range full review: W7 Signature Wallpaper, G7, E7 and C7 UHD TVs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - online gamblingNSW
- CCTransport EngineerVIC
- FTLead Drupal DeveloperQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTUrgent -Java Developer (Programmer). 3 different positionsVIC
- CCPega DeveloperSA
- FTTest CoordinatorACT
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerWA
- FTAutomation Tester | C# & Selenium | Leading SaaS FintechNSW
- CCSAP ISU Functional ConsultantVIC
- FTChange LeadQLD
- CCWintel Server EngineerNSW
- TPDatawarehouse Analyst/DeveloperSA
- FTAccounts and Office AdministratorNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk Support OfficerQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCState-wide Business Transition LeadQLD
- FTPrincipal Consultant / Account Delivery Executive.NSW
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSplunk Software Developer | 6mth ContractVIC
- FTLead Senior Systems Engineer | 90 - 120K + Super|VIC
- TPSenior Web Developer/Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCCloud Architect - AWSVIC