"I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it."
Chimei CMV221D 22-Inch LCD
- Great contrast and colour
- Brightness not as high as we'd like
Despite some problems with noise and a brightness limitation, this screen performed well in our tests and is worth considering if you need a big screen monitor.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
If you want to be productive, you need a big screen with a high resolution. But at the same time, you probably don't want to spend too much money on a big monitor screen. CHIMEI's 22in LCD screen is a prime example of a large screen that won't cost you a fortune. At $799, it is excellent value because of its vast 1680x1050 resolution which allowed us to position three, open windows comfortably next to each other - great for those design layouts, multiple spreadsheets and the like.
It has VGA and DVI inputs and we tested it using the latter. DVI signals are meant to be free of interference, but in our tests using DisplayMate's Pixel Tracking, the monitor still produced a noisy image. DisplayMate tests also revealed the monitor's brightness limitation. This manifested itself in the dark grey on black test where not all levels of grey were visible. The grey tones also possessed a slightly yellow tinge, as they got darker.
However, in real world testing, the monitor portrayed our test photographs accurately and its colour reproduction was vibrant, yet not overly rich. And despite displaying a lack of brightness in DisplayMate, all photos with dark areas were reproduced correctly and all photos were displayed with good definition. The monitor's contrast proved to be very good in the DisplayMate tests as well as our real world tests - it displayed light colours on a white background very clearly.
For movie watching, the monitor is good, but its high resolution may leave some DVDs looking a little blotchy. Viewing from the sides was adequate and we found the vertical viewing angle to be better from the top than from the bottom.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- MSI and SteelSeries team up on curved gaming monitors
- Acer unveils new range of desktop PCs, notebooks and gaming machines
- Asus Announces The Latest Designo Curve MX32VQ Monitor
- CES 2018: Everything Announced By ASUS
- BenQ Celebrates Modern Sleekness with Newest Monitors for Home and Office
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Amazon Prime 2018: All The Best Deals
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies