Chimei CMV221D 22-Inch LCD
- Great contrast and colour
- Brightness not as high as we'd like
Despite some problems with noise and a brightness limitation, this screen performed well in our tests and is worth considering if you need a big screen monitor.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
If you want to be productive, you need a big screen with a high resolution. But at the same time, you probably don't want to spend too much money on a big monitor screen. CHIMEI's 22in LCD screen is a prime example of a large screen that won't cost you a fortune. At $799, it is excellent value because of its vast 1680x1050 resolution which allowed us to position three, open windows comfortably next to each other - great for those design layouts, multiple spreadsheets and the like.
It has VGA and DVI inputs and we tested it using the latter. DVI signals are meant to be free of interference, but in our tests using DisplayMate's Pixel Tracking, the monitor still produced a noisy image. DisplayMate tests also revealed the monitor's brightness limitation. This manifested itself in the dark grey on black test where not all levels of grey were visible. The grey tones also possessed a slightly yellow tinge, as they got darker.
However, in real world testing, the monitor portrayed our test photographs accurately and its colour reproduction was vibrant, yet not overly rich. And despite displaying a lack of brightness in DisplayMate, all photos with dark areas were reproduced correctly and all photos were displayed with good definition. The monitor's contrast proved to be very good in the DisplayMate tests as well as our real world tests - it displayed light colours on a white background very clearly.
For movie watching, the monitor is good, but its high resolution may leave some DVDs looking a little blotchy. Viewing from the sides was adequate and we found the vertical viewing angle to be better from the top than from the bottom.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Samsung announces Australian availability for its 49-inch CHG90 QLED Monitor
- BenQ Announces the EW3270ZL Eye Care Monitor with Immaculate Colour Reproduction
- AbleGamers' Player Panels could make future games more disability-friendly
- G-Sync HDR displays go ultrawide and ultra-fast with the 200Hz Asus ROG Swift PG35VQ
- Dell's luscious new 4K monitor is bold, bright, and HDR-infused
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Opinon: Life after KRACK
- Jabra Elite Sport (2017) review
- Moto X4 review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior NPM DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject ServicesACT
- TPPremier Field Engineer (PFE)ACT
- FTSenior Java Developer - marketsVIC
- TPSQL Systems DeveloperQLD
- FTSOE ArchitectOther
- FTSystems Engineer - Infrastructure/Security ProjectsNSW
- TPProject Director - Cloud - Qld HealthQLD
- FTSenior .Net Developer - Federal GovernmentOther
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperOther
- CCSite Support Officer - FIFO - Cape PrestonWA
- CCDevOps Developer (Brisbane Location)NSW
- TPC++ DeveloperNSW
- FTData Centre ManagerOther
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - IntegrationNSW
- FTPermanent Project ManagersACT
- FTMarketing CoordinatorOther
- FTSenior Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSolution architectOther
- FTApplication Support HP ALMACT
- FTEAI DeveloperACT
- TPJava DeveloperWA
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD