Centrex Technologies CTDV100
- Superb picture quality, box is small and lightweight, remote is easy to use and offers plenty of functions
- No buttons on the box itself, can't decode high definition signals
Even without support for high definition, the CTDV100 delivers sharp, clear pictures with an easy-to-use interface and functions.
Price$ 129.00 (AUD)
The Centrex CTDV100 digital TV receiver is one of the smaller set top boxes on the market, measuring a mere 203mm x 125mm x 35 mm and weighing only 400g. Its small size is offset by the fact that it doesn't support high definition signals; however, its display of standard definition digital TV is outstanding.
The aesthetically curved front of the box is blank, apart from two LED lights for power and standby mode. The back panel is equally simplistic, with the power, antenna, AV, and S-Video connections all clearly marked and well spaced, in a neat line.
The remote control is fairly small, and the buttons are clearly marked and easy to find. The buttons provide intuitive control over basic functions like menu navigation and channel selection. Space on the remote is saved by having a row of coloured buttons which serve different functions depending on the menu being accessed.
Once set up, the Centrex is able to start scanning digital TV transmissions. A scan of available frequencies takes no more than a couple of minutes. High definition broadcasts are picked up, but can't be decoded by the box, so it's worth using the menu system to delete them to reduce the number of dead channels when channel surfing.
Image quality is one of the Centrex's most impressive features. The unit's standard definition quality looked as good as the high definition image from some rival units. The unit supports teletext, subtitles, and multiple aspect ratios, as would be expected.
For users who aren't interested in viewing high definition broadcasts, the Centrex CTDV100 is the way to go. It offers all the functionality and options needed to enjoy almost everything digital TV has to offer, and all with outstanding picture quality.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Foxtel Now's new streaming device launched weeks after TelstraTV
- Logitech announce new MX Sound speakers
- Telstra looks to solve 'Entertainment Exasperation' with new 4K Telstra TV
- Sonos reveals Sonos One, an Alexa-enabled speaker that will support AirPlay 2 and Google Assistant
- Bose Introduces Tiny New Bluetooth Speaker
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTContract Specialist - TelecomOther
- TPTechnical Lead (Office 365)QLD
- FTAccount Business Management Officer/Operations ManagerACT
- FTField ConsultantOther
- FTService Desk CoordinatorVIC
- FTSolution Designer - WealthOther
- FTData AnalystOther
- FTHFC Capacity Planner | 6mth ContractOther
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCData Center Infrastructure Specialist - Wintel / VMwareWA
- CCGIS ESRI DeveloperWA
- CCIT Senior Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb DesignerOther
- FTService Desk EngineerOther
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTHR Business PartnerOther
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- FTNetwork Services ManagerOther
- FTSolution Architect - SalesforceOther
- FTProgress 8.3 DeveloperOther
- FTSQL DeveloperACT
- FTScrum Master | 6mths +Other
- FTAutomation TesterQLD