Casio Exilim Pro EX-P700
- Compact, great bracketing feature, remote included.
- Features could work better, no RAW support, poor video.
A great compact camera for photo enthusiasts.
Price$ 999.00 (AUD)
A small camera in a big camera's category, the EX-P700 is one of the smallest cameras in its class. It's almost small enough to fit in a pocket. Don't be fooled, however, it combines most of the features of a high-end professional camera into a compact body.
Our personal favourites were the variety of bracketing and high-speed capture functions, which allow multiple shots to be taken in very small periods, providing fram-by-frame analysis of a specific action (such as a golf swing).
It has all the standard features you would expect of a camera at this price, including manual aperture, shutter speed, white balance and flash controls. There is also a "best shot" setting, where you choose from a list of predetermined configurations by selecting the picture that most looks like the intended result. Your own configuration can also be saved, which is great if regularly shooting in the same environments.
Pictures are taken at 7.2 megapixels, and they were as good as those taken by most other models with this resolution. They were not quite as sharp as those produced by 8 megapixel cameras in this category, but for many the extra cost would not justify the increase in quality.
One big negative with the EX-P700 is that it does not support the RAW format, offering only JPEG and TIFF file formats.
While it can record video, the camera only supports 320 x 240 video at 15fps. It does have unlimited video recording (many cameras limit the length) - however, it suffers from the long load and save times that seem to plague many Casio models.
The camera itself looks great. It has a solid, stainless steel exterior and feels sturdy without being overly heavy.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Releases Impressive LUMIX DC-GX9 Camera For The Enthusiast
- Panasonic try to set new standard for Travel Cams with Lumix DC-TZ220
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Monster Hunter World review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTMessaging Engineer - Office365 experienceOther
- FTBusiness Analyst - Agile experienceACT
- FTChange ManagerACT
- FTDigital Developer - Back endVIC
- FTGraduate Data Scientist/ Data AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Java developer - Insurance BackgroundQLD
- FTSenior Scrum MasterOther
- CCData Migration LeadACT
- TPProgram Scheduler | 12 Month Contract | Qld GovernmentQLD
- FTSenior Change ManagerACT
- FTIAM DevOps EngineerOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTIT Security EngineerOther
- FTSenior Desktop Support OfficerVIC
- FTSenior AWS Cloud SpecialistsOther
- CCSecurity AnalystVIC
- FTPMO ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint ArchitectNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- FTSQL DeveloperOther
- CCFront-End DeveloperNSW
- CCServer Support Specialist - WindowsNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst/Project ManagerQLD
- FTDocument ControllerSA