Casio Exilim EX-Z750
- Beautiful LCD, high quality video
- Long load times on video
A solid compact camera that offers a great set of features, and is only really let down by long load and save times.
Price$ 799.00 (AUD)
The Exilim EX-Z750's beautiful 2.5" LCD screen catches your eye immediately. The extra half an inch it has on most of the competition may not sound like much, but on a small camera such as this, a 2.5"LCD is massive, taking up most of the back. This makes framing shots considerably easier, and the LCD is mostly clear and free of ghosting, which makes the whole experience a lot more pleasant than hunching over a tiny, badly lit screen.
The EX-Z750 takes photos at 7.2 megapixels, with a maximum possible resolution of 3072 x 2304. The layout of the camera is intuitive, and with three quality settings, it easily caters for all kinds of output, from standard photos through to blown-up printouts. The shots themselves looked quite good. There was perhaps a small amount of over saturation of blue in some of our sky shots.
One standout function is the capture of high quality, 640 x 480 MPEG-4 movies at an impressive 30fps. However, trying to do this involved annoyingly long load and save times. This was unexpected, as the lag when powering up and taking stills was almost non-existent thanks to the camera's continuous shutter function. In general, the EX-Z750 was one of the fastest cameras we have used. With a shot interval of 0.9 seconds and a release lag of .007 seconds, the photo-taking experience is lightning-quick.
The Z750 offers quite a nice set of features, including manual exposure controls, as well as shutter and aperture priority modes. While falling short of full manual shooting, the range of features would satisfy most people.
It operates on a "super-life" lithium ion battery, which Casio claims can take 325 shots on a single charge.
The camera itself feels very solid and is reasonably small. About the size of a pack of cards, this model easily fits inside a pocket or a small bag.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDigital Content ProducerOther
- CCSenior Windows EngineerNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Permanent PositionQLD
- TPProject ManagerACT
- CCProcess Improvement Specialist - TelcoVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTDigital Reporting AnalystOther
- CCAxway DeveloperQLD
- TPInstructional DesignerNSW
- CCLSS BPMN Process Improvement AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCIntegration SpecialistQLD
- CCRegulatory Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Agile Software Business AnalystOther
- FTTechnical Digital ProducerOther
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Banking and FinanceOther
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCJava DeveloperQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDigital Account StrategistSA
- FTCloud Architect - AWS, Azure, ADOther
- FTSenior Project Controls Officer / CoordinatorOther