Casio Exilim EX-Z55
- Good looking, very small, large LCD
- Needs external card reader or cradle to transfer photos to PC
The Exilim EX-Z55's slim shape and big LCD make a winning combination for quick, anytime snap-shooting.
Price$ 749.00 (AUD)
The tiny Casio Exilim EX-Z55 is immediately attractive. About the size of a deck of cards, it's easy to pack along for any occasion. Its brushed-silver metal body and nicely machined control buttons give it a solid feel in the hand and support smooth operation. Since the back of this 5 megapixel Exilim is nearly entirely covered by a 2.5" LCD, the control buttons have to be small. But even people with large hands and fingers will find them easy to work with.
Photos produced by the EX-Z55 were nearly as good-looking as the camera itself. It had above-average sharpness and exposure accuracy. Colour was generally good, though all the photos we took had a slight brownish tinge to them. This effect makes your shots look a bit warmer than they would if taken by most other digital cameras; although good for portrait work, the results don't faithfully reproduce what you photographed. Fortunately, the camera includes manual white balance calibration, along with the usual list of white balance presets.
We liked this camera's quick shutter release. Whether taking outdoor shots or flash portraits, we noticed almost no shutter lag.
The EX-Z55 has one useful feature that Sony left off its Cyber-shot T series: an optical viewfinder. Sometimes, in very low or very bright light, an optical viewfinder helps you compose your shot faster and more easily than you could with the LCD.
The EX-Z55 lacks manual-exposure modes and a burst-shooting mode (a feature that nearly all digital cameras have), but it has multiple scene modes, including one for combining two shots into one. The camera's manual focus equals those we've seen on many advanced cameras. For greater accuracy, it magnifies the image while you change the focus.
Most of the Exilim's controls reside in its menu system. Overall, the menus are well labelled and easy to read in any light. The camera also provides text prompts for some control icons, plus brief descriptions and sample images for its many scene modes.
Casio provides no standard camera-to-PC connectors (such as a USB socket) on this model. To move your photos to a PC or printer, you must remove the SD Card and use an external card reader, or connect the camera to the included docking station.
Join the newsletter!
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
cloudandco Smart Cane
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Hands On: Our first impressions of Sony's a7R III
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCKofax DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Java DeveloperOther
- CCSenior Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Business Analyst - WealthOther
- CCApplication Developer - Sterling IntegratorVIC
- FTPayments Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP AdminstratorNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperACT
- FTStrategic Sourcing ManagerOther
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Financial Services - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTApplication Packaging EngineerOther
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTPreSales / Offerings Solution Architect - BPS or BPONSW
- FTAccount Business Management Officer/Operations ManagerACT
- FTInformation Security AnalystNSW
- TPSolution Architect - Cloud InfrastructureQLD
- FTSenior Portfolio Analyst. 12 month contract.NSW
- FTFeature Team Lead - paying $725 per dayOther
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSharePoint Developer / AdministratorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- FTSenior Salesforce DeveloperOther