Carbonite 3.5 online backup
- Try before you buy, quick and easy to download, doesn't slow down your PCs performance while running in the background
- The iinitial backup will take a while
Carbonite 3.5 is sold as backup for everyone, and we'd have to agree, it's a simple secure way to make sure that all your files are kept safe from harm.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
To back up, you can buy an external drive and save your data to that, or opt for an online service such as Carbonite 3.5.
If you consider what you store on your computer, whether it's critical work documents or priceless family photos, backing up your files really is essential. After all, no matter how much we all rely on technology, we also know it's far from infallible and could you really face losing all that precious data?
There are various approaches to backup – you can buy an external drive and back up all your data to that, or you can opt for an online service such as Carbonite 3.5.
For around $49.95 a year Carbonite 3.5 offers a really easy way to protect all your files against a data disaster. Best of all you can try it for free without committing even a credit card number, so you can make a really educated decision about whether it's right for your needs.
And we can tell you now that Carbonite 3.5 is certainly a great choice. It takes virtually no time to download and install, and after answering a few security questions you can start backing up immediately.
You can either automatically back up 'My Documents' and your PC's desktop, or manually select which files you want to save later.
If you choose to select your own files you can keep tabs on the backup status of each file using the coloured dot system. A file with a green dot has been backed up, a yellow dot denotes pending backup and no dot means it's not selected for backup.
It will automatically back up your files in the background, and because it works when your PC is idle, we didn't notice any slow down in performance. The first backup does take a while, but after that backups are incremental, so only things that have been changed will be stored again, which speeds up the whole process.
Restoring files is simple too. You just select the remote Carbonite drive from 'My Computer', open up the folder, which holds all your files and copy the ones you want back on to your computer.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
- Samsung unifies smart-home products with Bixby 2.0
- Optimizely expands its enterprise-focused offerings
- Dropbox go pro with Dropbox Profesional
- Intel launches AI-driven anti-money laundering solution
PCW Evaluation Team
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Apple TV 4K review
- Legion Y520 Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject Manager - DeliveryNSW
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTMitel Unified Communication engineer.ACT
- FTCustomer Service RepresentativeOther
- FT.NET DeveloperNSW
- FTUtilities Contract Administrator - $34phOther
- FTSenior Sales Executive ? Technology ConsultingQLD
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- TPPrincipal Data AnalystQLD
- CCPega LSA - Banking IndustryVIC
- FTBusiness AnalaystSA
- FTClient Delivery DirectorACT
- FTSystem Specialist - Operational Technology SystemsOther
- CCDevelopers ? Multiple opportunities (Brisbane)NSW
- FTIT Support & System AdministratorNSW
- FTAccount Management/Customer Service - MULTIPLE ROLESSA
- FTReporting, Analytics and Insights Analyst - $62 p/hrOther
- FTJunior Business AnalystACT
- TPBusiness Analyst | AO6 | Government ContractQLD
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTService Desk Technical LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Testing LeadOther
- FTIT Security Support OfficersOther
- CCData Analyst - Google Doc SMEVIC
- FTJava DeveloperOther