Carbonite 3.5 online backup
- Try before you buy, quick and easy to download, doesn't slow down your PCs performance while running in the background
- The iinitial backup will take a while
Carbonite 3.5 is sold as backup for everyone, and we'd have to agree, it's a simple secure way to make sure that all your files are kept safe from harm.
Price$ 49.95 (AUD)
To back up, you can buy an external drive and save your data to that, or opt for an online service such as Carbonite 3.5.
If you consider what you store on your computer, whether it's critical work documents or priceless family photos, backing up your files really is essential. After all, no matter how much we all rely on technology, we also know it's far from infallible and could you really face losing all that precious data?
There are various approaches to backup – you can buy an external drive and back up all your data to that, or you can opt for an online service such as Carbonite 3.5.
For around $49.95 a year Carbonite 3.5 offers a really easy way to protect all your files against a data disaster. Best of all you can try it for free without committing even a credit card number, so you can make a really educated decision about whether it's right for your needs.
And we can tell you now that Carbonite 3.5 is certainly a great choice. It takes virtually no time to download and install, and after answering a few security questions you can start backing up immediately.
You can either automatically back up 'My Documents' and your PC's desktop, or manually select which files you want to save later.
If you choose to select your own files you can keep tabs on the backup status of each file using the coloured dot system. A file with a green dot has been backed up, a yellow dot denotes pending backup and no dot means it's not selected for backup.
It will automatically back up your files in the background, and because it works when your PC is idle, we didn't notice any slow down in performance. The first backup does take a while, but after that backups are incremental, so only things that have been changed will be stored again, which speeds up the whole process.
Restoring files is simple too. You just select the remote Carbonite drive from 'My Computer', open up the folder, which holds all your files and copy the ones you want back on to your computer.
Join the newsletter!
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
cloudandco Smart Cane
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Bose SoundLink Micro
UBTech First Order Stormtrooper Robot
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Fallout Geeki Tikis
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 2 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 3 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 4 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Amazon Alexa and Echo set for Febuary launch
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- CES 2018: Belkin go big on wearables accessories and wireless charging
- OPPO Load Up A73 Smartphone With Flagship Features
- CES 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Graphic DesignerACT
- FTiOS DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- FTCoolGen DeveloperACT
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- FTSolution Architect- SAP S/4 HANA - Orange NSWOther
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCLean Six Sigma Process Improvement SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Support/ Service Desk ManagerNSW
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Solution Architect - Data CentreACT
- FTFull stack DeveloperOther
- CCHFC Project Officer (Governance Support) - 6 mth contract - Nth SydneyNSW
- FTProject Manager | 12mth ContractOther
- FTUX DesignerOther
- CCUser Experience DesignerQLD
- CCPerl Developer - DevOpsNSW
- FTSenior Test AnalystOther
- FTUX DesignerOther
- FTRail Program Manager/ Senior PMOther
- FTProgram CoordinatorOther
- CCNetwork Engineer - Aruba/PaloAltoWA
- CCRollout EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop EngineerOther
- FTApplication/Systems Support AnalystOther