Capcom Power Stone Collection
Capcom resurrects its innovative Power Stone fighting series, re-releasing enhanced versions of both games in this collection for the PSP.
- Multiplayer, unlockable content
- Nothing of note
You'd be missing out on one of the best fighting series from Capcom since Street Fighter if you didn't give this one a whirl.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
After more than five years since their original release on the Dreamcast, these 3-D brawlers haven't lost any of their appeal, and with the inclusion of bonus content, Power Stone Collection is an essential buy for any fighting game enthusiast.
For those of you that never had the pleasure of playing either of the games included in this compilation, the Power Stone games can be thought of as Smash Bros. with some hair on its chest. Two fighters spar in fully 3-D interactive arenas, hurling furniture at each other, and even brandishing swords, bazookas, and an abundance of other weapons that can be picked up during matches.
Each character in the game can also transform into a mightier version of themselves after collecting three Power Stones. Transforming plays a crucial role in matches, because the fighter who transforms the most amount of times usually emerges as the victor, unless they fail to land blows in their state of metamorphosis. In both Power Stone and Power Stone 2 you'll occasionally have to face unusual bosses such as the Pharaoh Walker, which looks like the offspring of an ATAT Imperial Walker and The Great Sphinx of Giza.
The original games remain intact, but there are new features as well. In both games, the more characters you beat the game with, the more extra content becomes available. New weapons, movies, some crappy mini games can be earned, and new characters featured in Power Stone 2 can also be unlocked for the original Power Stone. Even if you're not impressed by these garnishes, it doesn't matter because the main courses are more than enough to keep you happy.
Up to four fighters in Power Stone 2 and two players in Power Stone can trade punches via an ad hoc multiplayer mode. The good news is that you and your friends can play each other with only one copy of the game.
The games in Power Stone Collection may be a generation old, but after revisiting these two relatively underrated titles, you won't feel like you're playing outdated games.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Absolver celebrates 250K sales with new masks
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Huawei Y5 (2017)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- FTNetwork EngineerOther
- CCScrum Master / Project ManagerNSW
- TPSAP S/4HANA Implementation Project Manager - FMCGVIC
- TPSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTSplunk DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Technical Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCNetwork Engineer - Cleveland BasedQLD
- FTService Request ManagerSA
- CCNetwork Automation EngineerVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst / Change AnalystOther
- FTJunior-Mid level Technical Software Support/Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTSalesforce - MarketingOther
- FTData Center EngineerOther
- FTSenior Project Manager (Telecommunications)Other
- FTDatabase AnalystOther
- CCProgram Manager - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 2 Desktop EngineerOther
- TPSenior Service DeskVIC
- FTNetwork Designer - Telecommunications - UrgentOther
- FTIT Sales ManagerVIC
- FTHead of Development - SaaS ProductNSW