Capcom God Hand
Mix purple Chihuahuas, outrageous bosses, absurd dialogue, oodles of beat 'em up action, and one of the most incoherent stories ever put into a video game and normally you'd get a mess.
- Quirky and fun
- Not a lot of substance
We had fun romping through God Hand's quirky post-apocalyptic world and it certainly has enough going for it to scratch your itch for some mindless action. But it's more suited as a light snack and won't satisfy your hunger for a gourmet feast of beat-'em-up goodness.
Price$ 79.95 (AUD)
Mix purple Chihuahuas, outrageous bosses, absurd dialogue, oodles of beat 'em up action, and one of the most incoherent stories ever put into a video game and normally you'd get a mess. But when Capcom gets involved, you get a deliciously over the top brawler called God Hand.
The story in God Hand is almost intentionally stupid, but instead of taking away from the game, it actually adds an unexpected dimension of humour. Much like a "so bad it's good" B-movie, you will find yourself laughing out loud at the insanity. You'd have to be missing a pulse not to chuckle at one-liners such as "You can 'wax on wax off' all you like big guy, but I'm still kicking your ass!"
The beat-'em-up gameplay in God Hand is also surprisingly entertaining, with an off-beat flavor and moves guaranteed to tickle your funny bone. You can stomp your opponents into the ground, spank them with an E. Honda like quickness and baseball bat them into the stratosphere. It all works well within the confines of the game's demented world.
Unfortunately, once the novelty of the game's wacky premise wears off, there isn't much substance left to keep you hooked. And the graphics in God Hand don't quite live up to the standard set by other Capcom games such as Devil May Cry. The music in the game will also drive you crazy, with a blatant rip-off of the Hawaii Five-O theme that loops endlessly. Also, if you didn't have carpal tunnel prior to playing God Hand, you certainly will afterwards: turbo-button mashing is the norm in this game.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- First Look: The Evil Within 2
- Fullbright Founders To Headline Melbourne International Games Week 2017
- MSI GE73 7RF VR Raider Gaming Laptop: Full, in-depth review
- Sony ghillie up with new Call of Duty bundle
- HyperX Reveals Next Generation Cloud Alpha Gaming Headset
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCMitel Contact Centre SpecialistWA
- TPSenior Change ManagerNSW
- TPJava DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectWA
- CCEvent ManagementNSW
- FTMobile App Developer - XamarinWA
- FTEnterprise Software/Product Sales ManagerVIC
- TPProject Manager & Business Analyst - eDRMS - 18+ month ContractQLD
- CCUX Developer / DesignerQLD
- FTDelivery ManagerVIC
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- FTService Design Analyst (Service Management Specialist- ITIL)Other
- CCDatabase Administrator - BrisbaneVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - Technical WriterOther
- TPSenior Project Manager - CRMQLD
- FTSenior EAM ConsultantQLD
- FTExperienced Application DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTNetwork Technical Specialist - needs Telco expOther
- FTSAP PM Functional ConsultantOther