So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Capcom Devil May Cry 4
- The graphics are fantastic. Seriously, the game looks great. The fighting mechanics are fluid and easy to grasp. Tight controls add to the awesomeness. While it's nice to see familiar faces, the new characters are great in their own right, especially newcomers Nero and Gloria.
- While the game shines visually, it comes up short in the audio department. The camera and the save system are also problematic, leading to some unnecessary frustration.
We're hoping against hope that Capcom will somehow address the wonky camera and save system, because that would go a long way towards making DMC4 truly sublime. Still, we highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for an amazing action game to add to their library.
Price$ 109.95 (AUD)
The Devil May Cry series has seen its fair share of ups and downs. When the first game débuted, it was a revelation, delivering slick, fast-paced action, tight controls and a bankable new hero in the silver-haired Dante.
The franchise stumbled a bit after the release of the second chapter, a game that failed to ignite the fires of gamers and critics alike. It was obvious that Capcom could not capture lightning in a bottle a second time.
Devil May Cry 3 went a long way towards restoring the franchise's lustre with gamers and critics but the damage had been done: when the fourth instalment in the demon-busting series was announced, we couldn't help but wonder if they would continue to build upon the momentum of DMC3 or if they would stumble the way they did with DMC2.
The fact that the franchise was making the next-gen leap was also troubling; after getting an early peek at Capcom's annual Gamer's Day event, we were left with the distinct impression that DMC4 would just be the same old formula with a coat of new-gen sheen applied.
Oh, how wrong we were. When our review copy of Devil May Cry 4 first appeared in our offices, we treated it with the same sense of wariness that we would have mustered had we received a box with a "Warning: Live Demon" sticker plastered on the top.
DMC4 not only represents a return to form for the franchise, it represents a genuine step forward. But don't take our word for it: click through to the next page and read our review. Now that we've vanquished a horde of demons, we have plenty to say on the subject.
Devil May Cry 4 is an insanely good looking, over-the-top action-fighting game that combines a high-drama story with crazy boss fights and one of the deepest, most rewarding combo systems around. There are some camera and save issues, but that hardly keeps it from being an early contender for one of the better games of 2008.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Upcoming Overwatch Contenders Finals set for Melbourne Esports Open
- League of Legends to headline Melbourne's first Esports Open
- E3 2018: Every big game announcement and trailer
- Computex 2018: G.Skill draw eyes with new 'Crystal-RGB' RAM and new gaming gear
- Computex 2018: Everything new announced and shown by MSI
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies