Canon PowerShot S60
- Great pictures, full set of features
Much lighter and smaller point-and-shoot cameras are available, but the S60 is a great choice for people seeking a camera that has powerful creative controls.
Price$ 849.00 (AUD)
If your number one priority for a digital camera is that it doesn't pull your breast pocket down to belly button level, you'll want to skip the Canon PowerShot S60. Although it has the typical oblong shape of a point-and-shoot and weighs less than its predecessor, the PowerShot S50, it comes in at 230g--on the heavy side for this class of camera. On the other hand, if you're looking for a rugged camera that has extensive controls but can still easily fit a large coat pocket or small bag, the S60 is a great choice.
The most obvious change between the S50 and S60 is the colour: with this model, Canon abandoned the S50's black body treatment and returns to the brushed-silver tone of its other point-and-shoot PowerShots.
The S60 retains the five megapixel CCD of the S50 but has a longer zoom lens (3.6X, up from 3X) that starts out at the equivalent of 28mm, rather than 35mm. A novel feature added to the S60 is an underwater white-balance setting, handy if you want to surround your S60 with Canon's optional waterproof case.
The S60 also carries on its predecessor's ability to capture beautiful photos. It did a particularly fine job on our outdoor shots, displaying excellent colour and contrast.
The S60 has the extensive controls you'd likely expect from high-end cameras such as its much larger cousin, the PowerShot G5. In addition to manual white-balance calibration, full manual exposure control and shutter and aperture-priority modes, the S60 offers image bracketing, allows you to adjust flash output level manually and can capture images in RAW format.
It also has a great panorama mode and an illuminator to aid focusing in low light. Though neither of those is unique, the S60's overall breadth of features permits it to address many photographic situations that other point-and-shoots can't.
The S60 took 233 shots in our tests before the battery expired, providing slightly more than two hours of life.
Join the newsletter!
Apple iPhone X
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Bose SoundLink Micro
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Xbox One X
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Panasonic Announces Compact, Lightweight ultra-telephoto LEICA Lens
- Panasonic announce still-shooter flagship G9
- Sony Announces Development of New G Master Super-Telephoto Full-Frame E-Mount Lens
- Sony Expands Full-frame E-mount lens lineup
- Sony’s New Full-Frame α7R III Interchangeable Lens Camera promises to delivers both resolution and speed
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- The Best Australian Black Friday Tech Deals That Aren't On Amazon
- Wolfenstein The New Colossus Review: a Nazi-stomping shooter that's more than the sum of its parts
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCBusiness Improvement Specialist (Six Sigma Green belt) - Contract - North SydneyNSW
- FTCommercial Loan Documentation SpecialistOther
- FTRisk Specialist - 6 month contractOther
- FTPreSales / Offerings Solution Architect - BPS or BPONSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPTechnical WriterQLD
- FTSenior Network Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTSolution Architect - API / SaaSOther
- TPBusiness Intelligence Reporting AnalystVIC
- CCDeployment ManagerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectOther
- CCDigital Customer Marketing ExecutiveNSW
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- FTFront End Developer - Ractive.JS (Urgent)Other
- TPPHP DeveloperWA
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer / DeveloperNSW
- FTCUSTOMER SUPPORT OPERATOR - NOC ENVIRONMENTSA
- CCIseries Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTBig Data ArchitectOther
- CCAssociate Project Manager - Infrastructure ServicesVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Contract - $650 per dayOther
- FTBroker Support/ Applications SupportOther