Canon PIXMA MP760
- Film holder, multiple format support
- No automatic document feeder
Geared toward amateur photographers, the MP760 quickly scans film and prints top-quality photos, while offering perks such as a duplexer.
Price$ 399.00 (AUD)
Working with film or with a digital camera, the Canon PIXMA MP760 is a great multifunction unit for printing photos. It includes a film holder and a light in the lid for scanning slides and negatives. The MP760's flash memory card slots can read most memory formats (other than xD-Picture Cards), and images transfer swiftly to a PC through the USB 2.0 port. Alternatively, one can connect a PictBridge-compatible camera to the MP760's direct-print port.
The clearly laid-out control panel has a 2.5" colour LCD for previewing images and performing basic editing tasks. One can select images to print by marking and scanning an index print.
Because this model lacks an automatic document feeder, it's not ideal for certain office tasks such as copying large documents. There's no fax in the unit either, but the software package helps in sending scanned pages through a PC's fax modem.
The MP760's built-in duplexer, which saves paper by enabling two-sided printing, waits about 15 seconds for the first side to dry before printing on the reverse. The cassette in the base can hold 150 sheets of plain paper. The feeder at the rear has a 150-sheet capacity as well.
The MP760 uses five individual ink cartridges, holding three primary colours and two black inks. One of the black inks is a dye-based ink for photos, and the other a pigment-based ink for printing text.
The attractive, vividly-coloured photos that the MP760 printed on photo paper impressed us as much as did those printed by models using more ink colours. When using the black pigment ink, this model produced strong dark text, though the edges of some letters looked a little fuzzy. Colour graphics printed on plain paper looked less attractive: the pigment black ink created a posterised effect in some areas.
Scans of line art and copies of a text document delivered excellent results in our tests. Scans of text and photos also looked good. Scanned negatives looked sharp and showed details in highlights and shadows.
During our tests, the MP760 printed both text and colour graphics quickly, at 6.7ppm and 2.5ppm respectively, and it had a very fast copy speed, at 4.1ppm. It was slightly faster than average when scanning a 4" x 5" photo at 100 dpi, completing the job in 20 seconds.
Join the newsletter!
cloudandco Smart Cane
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Apple iPhone X
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Toys for Boys
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Xbox One X
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTInfrastructure EngineerACT
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- TPPHP DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - eCommerce/Supply ChainOther
- FTSenior Project ManagerQLD
- FTJunior Python Developer - TradingOther
- FTManagement Consultant, Strategy, New Products, TransformationsOther
- FTJava DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCAnalyst Programmer / DeveloperNSW
- FTMulesoft Solutions DesignerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- FTJunior Infrastructure EngineerACT
- CCLevel 1 and 2 Help Desk OfficerQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - SalesforceNSW
- FTQuality Assurance ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- TPIT Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCScrum Master - BrisbaneVIC
- FTUnix/Linux EngineersOther
- CCWholesale Trading Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Java DevelopersACT
- CCDigital Content ExecutiveNSW