IoT botnets have been known for quite a while, but they gained household infamy after Mirai grabbed the headlines back in 2016.
Canon PIXMA MP130
- Nice pictures
- Slow scanning, no true high-speed graphics mode
Good at text printing, and the memory card slots are welcome; but for graphics, it's a slow printer and scanner.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
The PIXMA MP130 is Canon's answer to Epson's STYLUS CX3500 MFD (multifunction device), and has a bundle of great features for a fairly modest price.
It may not be the most robustly built MFD, but the MP130's specifications are more than adequate and Canon's micro-nozzle technology promises strong print quality.
Unlike the CX3500, the MP130 doesn't have a true high-speed graphics mode. Even at the fastest setting, it can manage only 3.3ppm (pages per minute). For any sort of quality and realistic colour it takes about 1.1ppm, compared with 1.9ppm for the Epson.
The colours are bright and vibrant, though, and on text-only work it proves superior to the Epson. Strong output is possible at a zippy 6.8ppm. Scanning is basic and a bit slow, but the quality is reasonable. During our testing, a 300dpi A4 picture took 42 seconds, and 600dpi required almost four times as long.
It's not quite up to the standard of Epson's STYLUS CX3500.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
- Computex 2018: Everything you missed at Asia's biggest tech tradeshow
- Computex 2018: Nvidia launches new AI-focused hardware and software platforms
- Huawei P20 Pro review: See it and believe the hype
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies