Canon PIXMA MP130
- Nice pictures
- Slow scanning, no true high-speed graphics mode
Good at text printing, and the memory card slots are welcome; but for graphics, it's a slow printer and scanner.
Price$ 179.00 (AUD)
The PIXMA MP130 is Canon's answer to Epson's STYLUS CX3500 MFD (multifunction device), and has a bundle of great features for a fairly modest price.
It may not be the most robustly built MFD, but the MP130's specifications are more than adequate and Canon's micro-nozzle technology promises strong print quality.
Unlike the CX3500, the MP130 doesn't have a true high-speed graphics mode. Even at the fastest setting, it can manage only 3.3ppm (pages per minute). For any sort of quality and realistic colour it takes about 1.1ppm, compared with 1.9ppm for the Epson.
The colours are bright and vibrant, though, and on text-only work it proves superior to the Epson. Strong output is possible at a zippy 6.8ppm. Scanning is basic and a bit slow, but the quality is reasonable. During our testing, a 300dpi A4 picture took 42 seconds, and 600dpi required almost four times as long.
It's not quite up to the standard of Epson's STYLUS CX3500.
Join the newsletter!
Featuring a high capacity ink tank system, that completely removes the need for cartridges - it comes with up to 2 years of ink in the box
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S9+ review: A predictably-exellent flagship uplifted by a standout camera
- 2 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 3 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 4 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 5 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Everything You Can Do, I Can Do Better: Comparing The Google Home’s Assistant To Amazon Echo’s Alexa
- Hands On: Pitting the Apple HomePod against the Sonos One
- MWC 2018: Everything You Need To Know
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSenior Solutions Consultant - ServiceNowNSW
- FTProcess Specialist - $700 per dayOther
- FTPython DeveloperOther
- FTSystems AdministratorOther
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther
- CCSystem Engineer - InfrastructureNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPDigital Business Analyst (Senior)WA
- TPProject Manager - SEQQLD
- TPTechnical Project Manager (HRIS)WA
- FTLead Java DeveloperOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- FTTechnical Lead UnixOther
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCDigital DesignerNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- CCDynamics CRM Functional Consultant - BrisbaneNSW
- CCUDS DeveloperNSW
- FTSDWAN ConsultantOther
- FTAccount Manager - TechnologyACT
- CCNetwork SpecialistACT
- FTNetwork Planners - Multiple OpportunitiesNSW
- TPProject Manager. Business Process TransformationNSW
- FTSystems EngineerSA
- FTBusiness AnalystWA