So, what do I want out of my next laptop and what must it include?
Canon PIXMA iP6700D
- PC-less printing very good.
- Skin tones a bit bronzed, not so good for printing text.
The iP6700D is a good six-ink photo printer with a nice LCD and PC-less printing options. However, iP6600D owners don't need up upgrade unless the improved paper support or Canon-to-Canon feature is on their wish list.
Price$ 349.00 (AUD)
Canon's new PIXMA iP6700D photo printer is the successor to the company's iP6600D, one of the best products of 2006. The $349 iP6700D is first and foremost a photo printer. In our tests, it produced high-quality prints on photo paper; images were vibrant, but skin tones were a bit too bronzed.
The device is less adept at printing text. Unlike the Canon PIXMA iP5200R, it doesn't use pigment black ink; as a result, its text output wasn't as dark. We also saw fuzzy edges on some letters.
Like its predecessor, the iP6700D printed 3.2 full text pages per minute (ppm) and generated graphics at 1.5ppm -- no challenge to the iP5200R's marks of 8.7 and 2.9ppm. The iP6700D made a 5x7in photo in 45 seconds, sluggish next to other printers we have tested.
The iP6700D's stunning 3.5in colour pop-up display makes light work of menu navigation, image previews, and basic photo touch-ups without the need for a PC. Its infrared interface can receive images from some phones, and a $99 add-on provides wireless Bluetooth printing.
A direct-print port also lets you use a USB cable to print from a PictBridge-compatible digital camera (but unlike some competing models, not from a portable USB drive).
One notable new feature: the iP6700D incorporates what the company dubs the "Canon-to-Canon Direct Advantage". When you use the printer with select Canon cameras, you can touch-up photos, print a contact sheet, and more, all from the camera's controls. The printer's two media card slots read most common card formats.
The iP6700D adds support for several new paper sizes and Canon's Fine Art Photo Rag paper. The printer uses an underside cassette drawer and an upright sheet feeder that both hold up to 150 sheets of plain paper. An automatic-duplexer setting allows for double-sided prints.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 2 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Peak performance from a home entertainment heavyweight
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson Launches First Double-Sided A3+ 4-In-1 Inkjet EcoTank Printer
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- ASUS Zenbook Pro 15: A futuristic, exciting, imperfect, flagship notebook
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 review: A budget phablet that swings above its weight
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies