Canon Pixma IP4700 inkjet printer
A stylish inkjet printer that produces great output
- Fast, great output, built-in duplexing, bundled Easy-PhotoPrint EX software
- Some households might find a multifunction more appealing
The Canon Pixma IP4700 really impressed us. It is a good quality inkjet printer that produces excellent results in a short amount of time. We also liked the fact that it was exceptionally quiet. If excellent prints are what you need and you aren’t in the market for either copying or scanning features, this is the ideal printer.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
The Canon Pixma IP4700 is Canon's latest inkjet printer that retains the glossy black casing of its predecessor, the Canon Pixma IP4600, and also features stylish gunmetal highlights.
The Canon Pixma IP4700 also retains some of the features we loved most about the IP4600, including two paper trays, the fact users are warned on their PC screen if the print output tray is closed and the ability to print on to DVDs and CDs using the included dedicated tray.
The device also offers a number of improvements over the IP4600. These include the addition of Auto Photo Fix II to the bundled Easy-PhotoPrint EX software. One of the chief advantages of this software is that it can be set to automatically correct colour, contrast and brightness without making the resulting prints either too dark or to light - something that's particularly tricky to adjust for with under-exposed images. The Canon Pixma IP4700 also has a built-in duplexing capability.
We found the Canon Pixma IP4700 very easy to set up and install. Once we'd inserted the five single inks (cyan, yellow, magenta and two blacks), in the same way as with the IP4600, we were able to install the bundled software and then connect the printer to our PC using USB. Then the software then took us step-by-step through aligning the printheads before we were able to start printing.
As well as USB connectivity, the Canon Pixma IP4700 offers PictBridge connectivity which allows you to print photos direct from a digital camera without first having to download them to a PC.
Canon says the Canon Pixma IP4700's biggest improvement is that it's faster than its predecessor and can print 9.2 images per minute in black and approximately 8.1ppm in colour. In our tests, the Canon Pixma IP4700 printed a mixed colour and graphics document in 21 seconds, while our nine-page text document took 51 seconds, equating to an output rate of 10.5ppm.
In Draft mode black text looked clear and sharp and images featured clear detailing. Colours looked slightly faded in draft mode but looked vivid and bright in Normal and Best modes. Photographs looked clear and sharp with god detailing and flesh tones depicted realistically.
Join the newsletter!
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Apple iPhone X
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
cloudandco Smart Cane
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
WD MY PASSPORT™ Gaming Storage
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Toys for Boys
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Bose SoundLink Micro
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Google Daydream View VR Headset
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
Xbox One X
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Get set for Amazon Australia Black Friday launch
- Destiny 2 PC review: A port worthy of PC gaming's mightiest rigs
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTICT Cloud Transformation Program Coordinator - SAPOther
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HealthQLD
- FTSenior Systems Engineer (WINTEL)ACT
- CCPHP DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager - Office Re-locations APACOther
- FTAutomation Test EngineerOther
- FTMaximo EngineerOther
- FTTechnical Lead / Senior Systems EngineerOther
- CCCRM Technical ConsultantWA
- TPSenior Project Manager | Service Management I ITILQLD
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTData ModellingACT
- FTJava Software Engineers wanted (Melbourne CBD location)VIC
- FTInsights AnalystOther
- FTCloud Test Engineer - AWS/Azure - IaaSOther
- TPSAP ABAP DeveloperQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTJunior Project ManagerACT
- FTInfrastructure Migration EngineerOther
- FTBusiness Project ManagerOther
- FTTechnical Business Analyst / Application Support AnalystOther
- CC2 x Technical Infrastructure SME - VMware / Storage/ BackupNSW
- CCProgram ManagerNSW
- FTTableau DeveloperOther
- FTDesktop Technical LeadOther