Canon Pixma IP4700 inkjet printer
A stylish inkjet printer that produces great output
- Fast, great output, built-in duplexing, bundled Easy-PhotoPrint EX software
- Some households might find a multifunction more appealing
The Canon Pixma IP4700 really impressed us. It is a good quality inkjet printer that produces excellent results in a short amount of time. We also liked the fact that it was exceptionally quiet. If excellent prints are what you need and you aren’t in the market for either copying or scanning features, this is the ideal printer.
Price$ 159.00 (AUD)
The Canon Pixma IP4700 is Canon's latest inkjet printer that retains the glossy black casing of its predecessor, the Canon Pixma IP4600, and also features stylish gunmetal highlights.
The Canon Pixma IP4700 also retains some of the features we loved most about the IP4600, including two paper trays, the fact users are warned on their PC screen if the print output tray is closed and the ability to print on to DVDs and CDs using the included dedicated tray.
The device also offers a number of improvements over the IP4600. These include the addition of Auto Photo Fix II to the bundled Easy-PhotoPrint EX software. One of the chief advantages of this software is that it can be set to automatically correct colour, contrast and brightness without making the resulting prints either too dark or to light - something that's particularly tricky to adjust for with under-exposed images. The Canon Pixma IP4700 also has a built-in duplexing capability.
We found the Canon Pixma IP4700 very easy to set up and install. Once we'd inserted the five single inks (cyan, yellow, magenta and two blacks), in the same way as with the IP4600, we were able to install the bundled software and then connect the printer to our PC using USB. Then the software then took us step-by-step through aligning the printheads before we were able to start printing.
As well as USB connectivity, the Canon Pixma IP4700 offers PictBridge connectivity which allows you to print photos direct from a digital camera without first having to download them to a PC.
Canon says the Canon Pixma IP4700's biggest improvement is that it's faster than its predecessor and can print 9.2 images per minute in black and approximately 8.1ppm in colour. In our tests, the Canon Pixma IP4700 printed a mixed colour and graphics document in 21 seconds, while our nine-page text document took 51 seconds, equating to an output rate of 10.5ppm.
In Draft mode black text looked clear and sharp and images featured clear detailing. Colours looked slightly faded in draft mode but looked vivid and bright in Normal and Best modes. Photographs looked clear and sharp with god detailing and flesh tones depicted realistically.
Join the newsletter!
"If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 LG E8 OLED TV (2018) and SK10Y soundbar review: If you've been on the fence about OLED, now might be the time to jump it
- 2 Nokia 6 (2018) review: Simple. Solid. Supreme.
- 3 Samsung Q9F Series QLED: Full, in-depth review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft restores database app to Office 365 for small biz
- New Samsung loyalty program hints that the Note line may not be dead after all
- Intel's revenue soars with help from the PC group
- IEEE sets new Ethernet standard that brings 5X the speed without disruptive cable changes
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
PCW Evaluation Team
I need power and lots of it. As a Front End Web developer anything less just won’t cut it which is why the MSI GT75 is an outstanding laptop for me. It’s a sleek and futuristic looking, high quality, beast that has a touch of sci-fi flare about it.
If you’re looking to invest in your next work horse laptop for work or home use, you can’t go wrong with the MSI GE63.
If you can afford the price tag, it is well worth the money. It out performs any other laptop I have tried for gaming, and the transportable design and incredible display also make it ideal for work.
Touch screen visibility and operation was great and easy to navigate. Each menu and sub-menu was in an understandable order and category
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
- Huawei Nova 3e: P20 in a pinch
- Sonos Beam review: A more-affordable, smarter soundbar option
- Oppo R15 Pro review: A compelling mid-tier option with lots of value and few compromises
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies