Canon Pixma iP4300
- Fast, good quality prints
- Technical instructions
The Pixma iP4300 has it all: speed, impressive output quality, and a good price.
Price$ 199.00 (AUD)
The Pixma iP4300 is fast, its print quality is good, and it has some nice features. Though it does suffer from a few design shortcomings, we recommend it highly.
The Pixma iP4300 set records in all of our speed tests, blasting through ten pages of text at a rate of 11.9 pages per minute. Graphics and photos also printed at a fast pace.
Its print quality showed the advantages of its five-ink design, which uses cyan, magenta, yellow, black, and pigment-black cartridges. The last of these inks helped produce black and mostly precise text output. Photos looked bright and natural on glossy paper, but on plain paper the same images looked a bit grainy and had some banding. Greyscale photos appeared a little rough, and diagonal or curved lines seemed slightly jagged.
The Pixma iP4300 has automatic duplexing (allowing for two-sided printing)--a great bonus for a photo printer at this price. It comes with two 150-sheet input trays, one vertical and one flat-mounted underneath. To designate which tray to use, you press a slim button on the front control panel; next to it, a lighted diagram confirms your choice. The supplied output tray can hold 75 pages.
This printer combines useful features and solid performance, but the design seems intended for sharp-eyed people only. Controls are labelled with small, unintuitive icons that do not clearly indicate their functions. Markings for the PictBridge port and the flat-mounted input tray are in almost the same colour as the surrounding plastic, which makes them hard to read.
Though printed and HTML-based documentation for this printer is generally good, the Easy Setup Instructions poster doesn't always make things easy. It assumes that you know what and where all the parts are (for a detailed explanation, you must consult the HTML-based guide). An illustration of how to adjust the paper size in the tray mounted beneath the printer fails to explain how all the sliders work--and they're tricky.
Canon throws in some useful bundled software. Easy-PhotoPrint and PhotoRecord let you edit, organize, and print digital photos. Easy-WebPrint helps you format and print Web content so it doesn't run off the page.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
- Why won’t my printer connect to my wireless router?
- 3D printer owners rate the best 14 machines
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- Dishonored - Death Of The Outsider review:
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- FTDigital Business AnalystACT
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- CCPeopleSoft Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCAppian DeveloperVIC
- CCMainframe DeveloperWA
- CCDatabase AdministratorQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager - BI/DWOther
- FTMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerOther
- FTMarketing Executive - Digital, Direct and Customer MarketingOther
- CCJunior-Mid level .Net/Front-End DeveloperQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerQLD
- TPChange Delivery Officer / PMOQLD
- CCProduct Owner - TelcoVIC
- CCTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- CCRF Engineer - Sydney Based, Start August 2017NSW
- FTBusiness AnalystOther
- TPProject Officer. 6 month contract. Program AdministrationNSW
- FTSQL BI Developer - SSRS, Power BIOther
- FTJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- FTPerformance TesterOther
- FTApplications Support SpecialistSA
- TPSAP Process ControlQLD