Canon imageCLASS MF5750
- Great copy quality, nice button layout
- No additional paper trays
This well-appointed MFP should be up to handling the workload in most small offices.
Price$ 599.00 (AUD)
The Canon imageCLASS MF5750 looms 17.4" high and 19.1" wide. I liked the layout of the front panel, which includes three large buttons for copy, fax, and scan, flanked by fax settings and copy settings and a good-size LCD menu in the middle.
The MF5750 was reasonably quick, too, matching or exceeding the average speed of most other monochrome laser MFPs we have looked at on all three functions--printing, scanning and copying. During testing, it printed both text and graphics documents quickly, at 14.9 pages per minute and 7.9ppm, respectively. This unit also scanned a colour image in 27.2 seconds, and it copied a page of text in 4.1 seconds.
The MF5750's print quality, though not stellar, was reasonably good. It produced sharp, dark text that was legible even at 2-point type size. A series of narrow parallel lines looked straight and even, with virtually no banding. A greyscale photo printed at default settings appeared too light and a bit washed out, though it was smooth and clean. Photos printed in the Best mode yielded graphics with much better contrast.
The MF5750 delivered top-class copy quality, with straight black letters in a copied page of text. Colour scans from the Canon had a smooth texture and reproduced colour accurately.
Canon's MF Toolbox scan software allows scanning via the PC and saving the image to an email message or graphics file. The user can configure two custom buttons to choose the scanner and to designate where to put the scan; thereafter, clicking a button will save the scan to the preconfigured place. Other than a fairly extensive driver, MF Toolbox is the only software Canon bundles with the MF5750.
The main paper tray holds 250 sheets, but Canon doesn't offer any additional paper trays as options. Ethernet is an optional extra, however.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Lumix G9 review: A mirrorless moulded to the needs of still-shooters
- 2 LG 65E7T Ultra HD OLED TV review: The South Korean thoroughbred is still first past the post
- 3 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Ring Video Doorbell review
Latest News Articles
- Epson launches new Expression Premium Photo Range
- Epson Australia Unveils New Expression Home Range of Printers
- Epson launches new high-speed Enterprise inkjet printer
- When life gives you a 3D printer, make a house
- Hacker hijacks thousands of publicly exposed printers to warn owners
PCW Evaluation Team
The printer was convenient, produced clear and vibrant images and was very easy to use
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
- Is My Smart Speaker Always Listening?
- Sony a7R Mk III review: Full, in-depth review
- Oppo A73 review: The budget smartphone that sets the bar for 2018
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTProgram ManagerOther
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer (RUN-BAU)VIC
- FTMonitoring Specialist - NagiosOther
- FTUI / UX Junior AnalystNSW
- CCProject Manager - Multiple Roles - TelcoVIC
- CCApplication Architect - Custom DevelopmentVIC
- FTSenior Systems Engineer / Azure, VMware, O365 X 2Other
- FTOracle DBA - Permanent PositionQLD
- TPSAP Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst - 1st LevelOther
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Supply Chain / LogisiticsVIC
- TPBusiness Information SpecialistNSW
- FTInfrastructure Delivery ManagerOther
- CCCisco EngineerWA
- CCData Migration LeadQLD
- FTDocument ControllerSA
- CCJava Full stack developer - Telco domainVIC
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSoftware Engineer (C ++, Java)Other
- TPSenior Project ManagerACT
- TPBusiness Consulting Senior PrincipalACT
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTTest LeadNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystOther