Canon EOS-1D Mark II
- 8.2 megapixel sensor, excellent image processing
A great camera, offering more than just cosmetic improvements over its predecessor.
Price$ 7,999.00 (AUD)
Sporting an 8.2 megapixel CMOS sensor (twice the resolution of the original EOS-1D), the Canon EOS-1D Mark II is capable of capturing 8 megapixel JPEG images at 8.5 frames per second in continuous bursts of 40 frames, or RAW images in continuous bursts of up to 20 frames. With its DiG!C II image processor, the Canon can process large files quickly, with improved colour rendering and detail.
The EOS-1D Mark II sports a redesigned flash metering system that retains compatibility with Canon's EX-series Speedlites. The EOS-1D Mark II captures images well in low-light conditions with less noise; it has good auto white balance control, user-set white balance compensation and many other features. The camera tags images with EXIF 2.21-compatible metadata, including Adobe Systems 1998 RGB colour space profiles, so users don't have to tweak colour space manually in Photoshop.
The EOS-1D Mark II's has a shutter that's been durability-tested to 200,000 exposures. The shutter operates at speeds from 30 seconds to 1/8000 of a second, and has a lag time of just 55ms (adjustable to 40ms). The lens mount is stainless steel and is compatible with all Canon EF, TS-E and MP-E lenses.
The camera accepts CompactFlash Type I and Type II cards as well as Microdrives; it also sports a second card slot that's compatible with SD cards. Settings can even be customised on the camera, saved onto a card and then loaded onto another camera intact.
Digital photographers frustrated by slow interfaces on their existing cameras will be happy to know that the EOS-1D Mark II includes both USB 2.0 and FireWire interfaces, to help images download that much faster. The EOS-1D Mark II supports Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP), so additional drivers aren't required to enable it to talk with a Windows XP or Mac OS X system.
The camera uses the same NP-E3 NiMH power pack seen on the EOS-1D and 1Ds models. According to Canon, the NP-E3 is good for about 1200 shots per charge at normal operating temperatures.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 2 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
- 3 Huawei GR5 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 4 Ring Video Doorbell review
- 5 Sony Bravia 2017 TVs: Full, in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Sony’s New RX10 IV combines Fast AF and 24 FPS continuous shooting with 24-600mm F2.4-F4 Zoom Lens
- Sony announces Australian availability for new waterproof RX0 action-camera
- Panasonic Announces LUMIX DC-GH5 Firmware Update Service
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
PCW Evaluation Team
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
I rate the printer as a 5 out of 5 stars as it has been able to fit seamlessly into my busy and mobile lifestyle.
It’s perfect for mobile workers. Just take it out — it’s small enough to sit anywhere — turn it on, load a sheet of paper, and start printing.
The HP OfficeJet 250 Mobile Printer is a great device that fits perfectly into my fast paced and mobile lifestyle. My first impression of the printer itself was how incredibly compact and sleek the device was.
- LG G6 Plus: Full, in-depth review
- MSI GE73 VR Raider Gaming Laptop review
- First Look: Nikon D850
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media Executive / Specialist (Facebook) - Online PokerNSW
- CCService Delivery LeadQLD
- FTUX Designer | 9mth ContractOther
- CC.Net DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior SAP Training LeadOther
- CCTechnologyOne Systems AdministratorACT
- TPMessaging EngineerQLD
- FTSystem EngineerOther
- FTMobile/ Web (PHP) DeveloperNSW
- TPCyber Security Business AnalystACT
- CCSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTGun Java Developers wantedVIC
- FTTechnical Support - Level 1 - Minchinbury NSWOther
- TPiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCIteration Lead - Telco - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTEmail Campaign Production SpecialistOther
- FTDigital DesignerOther
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer & DevOpsVIC
- TPPenetration TesterQLD
- CCProgram / Project AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW