NEO Find 1.0
NEO Find will likely help you dig up e-mail more quickly, but you have to use a separate program window for its searches
- Faster searches, e-mail organised by correspondent
- Have to use a separate program window, uses almost as much memory as Outlook
If you don't mind the program switching and you tend to run e-mail searches frequently, the inexpensive NEO Find could help you manage your inbox. But it's too bad that its creators didn't roll everything into the existing Outlook window.
Price$ 15.00 (AUD)
Note: Pricing for this product is in US$.
Though NEO Find brings faster searches and additional organization to Outlook e-mail, you must switch back and forth between Outlook and a separate program window to get its benefits.
The program, available as a $US15 download, creates a separate index of all your messages, which can take a while--the program says this step can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. On my PC, it took 55 minutes to sift through about 5000 messages. Completing the indexing step, though, allows for searches that are much faster than what the regular Outlook search function offers. It also permits you to view all messages to and from a particular correspondent easily, or to gather related messages (a "conversation") together in a list with the click of a button.
Those are all useful features, but you can't reach them within Outlook. NEO Find runs as a separate program that, by default, launches automatically when you start Outlook. (You'll have to shut it down manually, though.) You access NEO Find by clicking its icon in the Outlook toolbar or in your system tray. Its tabbed interface includes two options: an Outlook-like view and another mode that swaps in a list of all your correspondents for the mail-folder view.
In the Outlook-like view, your e-mail folders appear on the left, while the familiar message list and preview pane sit on the right side. A search bar sits at the lower left of the interface. You can type in search terms, and choose whether you want to look in the subject, body, and/or names and addresses. Once your results display, you can further filter them by status (such as read/unread or flagged), by containing folder, or by date. The second, correspondent-centric view lets you click a contact's name to see all e-mail messages sent to and from that person. You can apply the same filters (status, date, and so on) to the listed messages.
You can read, reply to, or forward your e-mail within NEO Find, but you can't compose a new message; for that, or to access your calendar, contacts, or other features, you'll need to switch back to Outlook.
Join the newsletter!
Breitling Superocean Heritage Chronographe 44
WD MY PASSPORT™ X Gaming Storage
SanDisk MicroSDXC™ for Nintendo® Switch™
Bang and Olufsen BeoVision 14
Dyson Supersonic™ Hair Dryer Fuchsia/Iron
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-55EZ950U
Apple iPhone X
cloudandco Smart Cane
Nespresso Creatista Coffee Machine
Panasonic OLED 4K Ultra HD TV - TH-77EZ1000U
Toys for Boys
LaCie Rugged USB-C Portable Hard Drive
Propel Star Wars T-65 X-Wing Drone
Google Daydream View VR Headset
Onyx Smart Walkie Talkie
Leica M10 Digital Rangefinder Camera
Lego Mindstorms EV3
Bose SoundLink Micro
Ubiquiti Network’s Front Row Camera
Xbox One X
Panasonic 4K UHD Blu-Ray Player and Full HD Recorder with Netflix - UBT1GL-K
Dearear Endear In-ear Wireless Earphones
WD MY CLOUD™ HOME Personal Cloud Storage
Amazon Echo Bluetooth Speaker
Nest Protect Smart Smoke Alarm
Panasonic Hi-Fi - SC-UA7GS-K
Belkin Pocket Power 10,000mAh
Toffee Bags Commuter Satchel
PETKIG Go Smart Dog Leash
iRobot Roomba 980 Vaccum Cleaning Robot
Logitech Doodle Collection Wireless Mouse
Razer DeathAdder Expert Ergonomic Gaming Mouse
Urbanworx Full HD Action Camera
3SIXT 3-in-1 Smartphone Lens Kit
Lexon Flip Alarm Clock
Tile Pro Bluetooth Tracker
Panasonic Portable Splashproof Fun - RF-D20U
Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
Ikea NORDMÄRKE Wireless Charging Pad
Kogan Bluetooth Soundbar
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense takes the fight to home entertainment heavyweights with flagship Series 8 and 9 ULED TVs
- 2 Sony's latest Ultra HD OLED debuts in Australia
- 3 Panasonic Ultra HD OLED TV Review
- 4 D-Link Omna 180 Cam HD DSH-C310 review
- 5 Oppo A77 smartphone: Full in-depth review
Latest News Articles
- Officeworks hops on voice interface bandwagon with Google Assistant integration
- Amazon confirms early 2018 Australian launch for Alexa and Echo
- JBL join smart speaker arena with the portable, waterproof and (Google-powered) JBL Link range
- University of Sydney Signs World-First Agreement with Dropbox
- Microsoft delves deeper into AI with new kit bag of tools
PCW Evaluation Team
I would recommend this device for families and small businesses who want one safe place to store all their important digital content and a way to easily share it with friends, family, business partners, or customers.
It’s easy to set up, it’s compact and quiet when printing and to top if off, the print quality is excellent. This is hands down the best printer I’ve used for printing labels.
Brainstorming, innovation, problem solving, and negotiation have all become much more productive and valuable if people can easily collaborate in real time with minimal friction.
The print quality also does not disappoint, it’s clear, bold, doesn’t smudge and the text is perfectly sized.
The Huddle Board’s built in program; Sharp Touch Viewing software allows us to easily manipulate and edit our documents (jpegs and PDFs) all at the same time on the dashboard.
The biggest perks for me would be that it comes with easy to use and comprehensive programs that make the collaboration process a whole lot more intuitive and organic
- Fitbit Ionic review: Impressive but not quite iconic
- Xbox One X review: Brave new world
- Huawei Mate 10 Pro Review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSAP FI Functional SpecialistACT
- TPSenior Test AnalystNSW
- TPDeployment Engineer / Desktop SupportVIC
- FTJunior Business AnalystACT
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTProject/Stakeholder Engagement ManagerACT
- TPProcurement ManagerACT
- FTSenior Healthcare Pre-Sales Exec. / Clinical Advisor - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTProduct Owner - TelecommunicationsOther
- TPDelivery Lead - IT Services Function - Day rateNSW
- CCIT Cloud EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Test EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Biz Talk DeveloperACT
- FTSoftware EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectOther
- FTHead of Engineering - FrontendNSW
- FT1st Level IT Support - Microsoft EnvironmentNSW
- CCProduct ManagerACT
- TPProject Manager - Gold CoastQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCNew Relic Integration ConsultantNSW
- FTETL/Data EngineerOther
- FTRiggers / Telecommunication RiggersOther
- FTSenior Business ConsultantOther
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistNSW