Cabos is a useful, simple file-sharing program.
- Free, simple to use
- Not many 'extra' features
For those who want file downloads simple and straight-ahead, Cabos is a solid bet.
iTunes has not killed file sharing using peer-to-peer clients. There are still plenty of people who share music, video, and other files with one another. If you're one of those, you may want to give the free Cabos a try.
It's a simple file-sharing program that uses the guts of Gnutella and Limewire with few frills, but it's straightforward to use.
Type in a search term, and Cabos goes out and files that match what you want. For each match, you see a great deal of detail, including the file size, the speed of transfer if you decide to download it, the estimated time it will take to download, the artist name, the album name, and more.
Double-click any file to download it; you can then manage your downloads with the built-in file manager.
There are few nice extras here, but some of them are useful. If you use iTunes, for example, you can search for the artist or album that you're currently listening to, which is a nice touch. But there's not much extra beyond that - for example, there's no player built into the program.
Join the newsletter!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Miofive 4K Dash Cam review: This friendly road watcher is ‘here for you!’
- 2 Dell U3223QE review: A winning debut for an IPS Black monitor
- 3 Asus TUF Gaming VG28UQL1A review: This 4K monitor plays nice with consoles
- 4 Firewalla Gold review: Powerful home network security in a tiny box
- 5 Acer Aspire 5 review: An affordable laptop that’s enjoyable to use
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft’s universal ‘One Outlook’ client just leaked out
- Microsoft reveals a new Windows Game Bar built for controllers
- Microsoft tests a limited VPN for Microsoft Edge
- Audacity developer puts the ‘proper’ version on the Microsoft Store
- How to pin an extension to Chrome’s toolbar
PCW Evaluation Team
Set up is effortless.
The strength of the Aruba Instant On AP11D is that the design and feature set support the modern, flexible, and mobile way of working.
Aruba backs the AP11D up with a two-year warranty and 24/7 phone support.
Ultimately this laptop has achieved everything I would hope for in a laptop for work, while fitting that into a form factor and weight that is remarkable.
This smart laptop was enjoyable to use and great to work on – creating content was super simple.
It really doesn’t get more “gaming laptop” than this.
- Top 10 best Android and Apple phones for under $600
- 25 Essential Party Games On PC And Console To Play With Family And Friends
- Mesh Wi-Fi vs Traditional Routers: Which is better?
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies